• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just made some bunny biscuits

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
with the powder type stuff left over in the pellet bucket.

Photo to follow.

They're not crispy though :?

And boy, did they STINK whilst in the oven :mrgreen: bleugh!

Mind you, they're probably not crispy because I didn't measure anything, just literally chucked it all in a bowl, mixed it up and added some water so it all stuck together. Maybe the oven wasn't high enough? I use electric oven on 100 degrees and it/they were in t'oven for 45 mins roughly (no, didn't time it either *shakes own head*)

Maybe next time I'll measure it all out properly :roll:.

Bunnies ate some though :thumb:, although I think they were just being kind ... :roll: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Mine were a bit smelly as well. They take quite a while in the oven as they need to dry right out on a low heat, rather than cook - I think mine were in the oven for a couple of hours, or maybe more.

:lol::lol::lol: Mine were a bit smelly as well. They take quite a while in the oven as they need to dry right out on a low heat, rather than cook - I think mine were in the oven for a couple of hours, or maybe more.

Ah, perhaps that's where I've gone wrong. But as I said, I didn't measure anything either which obviously hasn't helped :roll: :oops: :lol:

Ah well. They'll just not last as long as I'd hoped. So long as the girls eat most of them before they go mouldy, I'll be happy. I don't like wasting food. No, I won't be eating them myself ... :lol:

:lol: I've had a nibble of one. :oops:

I didn't measure mine either & I think I used a little too much water in one batch as they took much longer to dry out. :roll::lol: You should be able to pop them back in the oven for a while though & they should crisp up.

Yeah pop them back in and they will dry out. I cook ours for around 6 - 8 hours or over night.

( and I weigh my ingredients ;) )

I ate a pellet once. Sorry, 2 pellets. Can't see what all the fuss is about myself; I thought they were vile! :lol:

I might just pop them back in, thanks. Hubby'll be pleased ... :roll: :lol:

He was like "you're baking - for the rabbits?! When did you last bake for me?!" erm ... can't remember :lol:

Yeah pop them back in and they will dry out. I cook ours for around 6 - 8 hours or over night.

( and I weigh my ingredients ;) )

And that's why yours taste much better than mine. Not that I've had a nibble of your biscuits or anything, Alfie and Bubbles told me. ;)

Hahaha I tried to make these a while ago and failed miserably! Mine smelled of wet grass :lol: And were all soft. Not even Bella wanted to try them and she usually eats anything :( :oops::lol:

:lol: you are all funny, made me laugh just :lol:

Here's a pic of said attempt:
DSCI0462.jpg

I put them back in the oven at 150 degrees for about 45 minutes then left them in once I switched the oven off, until this morning.

Safe to say although they did go a little firmer (but still not hard) and the rabbits are eating them :thumb: I don't think I'll be doing anymore. They absolutely stunk out the house and made me feel ill! I think my mistake (yet another one :roll: :lol:) was that I had no windows open ...

I ate a pellet once. Sorry, 2 pellets. Can't see what all the fuss is about myself; I thought they were vile! :lol:

I might just pop them back in, thanks. Hubby'll be pleased ... :roll: :lol:

He was like "you're baking - for the rabbits?! When did you last bake for me?!" erm ... can't remember :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Back