PDA

View Full Version : Just made some bunny biscuits

Angie B
25-04-2012, 09:43 PM
with the powder type stuff left over in the pellet bucket.

Photo to follow.

They're not crispy though :?

And boy, did they STINK whilst in the oven :mrgreen: bleugh!

Mind you, they're probably not crispy because I didn't measure anything, just literally chucked it all in a bowl, mixed it up and added some water so it all stuck together. Maybe the oven wasn't high enough? I use electric oven on 100 degrees and it/they were in t'oven for 45 mins roughly (no, didn't time it either *shakes own head*)

Maybe next time I'll measure it all out properly :roll:.

Bunnies ate some though :thumb:, although I think they were just being kind ... :roll: :lol:

KarenM
25-04-2012, 09:47 PM
:lol::lol::lol: Mine were a bit smelly as well. They take quite a while in the oven as they need to dry right out on a low heat, rather than cook - I think mine were in the oven for a couple of hours, or maybe more.

Angie B
25-04-2012, 09:50 PM
:lol::lol::lol: Mine were a bit smelly as well. They take quite a while in the oven as they need to dry right out on a low heat, rather than cook - I think mine were in the oven for a couple of hours, or maybe more.

Ah, perhaps that's where I've gone wrong. But as I said, I didn't measure anything either which obviously hasn't helped :roll: :oops: :lol:

Ah well. They'll just not last as long as I'd hoped. So long as the girls eat most of them before they go mouldy, I'll be happy. I don't like wasting food. No, I won't be eating them myself ... :lol:

KarenM
25-04-2012, 09:54 PM
:lol: I've had a nibble of one. :oops:

I didn't measure mine either & I think I used a little too much water in one batch as they took much longer to dry out. :roll::lol: You should be able to pop them back in the oven for a while though & they should crisp up.

Hugo's There
25-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah pop them back in and they will dry out. I cook ours for around 6 - 8 hours or over night.

( and I weigh my ingredients ;) )

Angie B
25-04-2012, 09:58 PM
I ate a pellet once. Sorry, 2 pellets. Can't see what all the fuss is about myself; I thought they were vile! :lol:

I might just pop them back in, thanks. Hubby'll be pleased ... :roll: :lol:

He was like "you're baking - for the rabbits?! When did you last bake for me?!" erm ... can't remember :lol:

Lib_n_bunny
25-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I ate a pellet once. Sorry, 2 pellets. Can't see what all the fuss is about myself; I thought they were vile! :lol:

Then why did you eat two?!?:shock:

Charmednm
25-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Then why did you eat two?!?:shock:

You have to make sure :lol::lol:

KarenM
25-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah pop them back in and they will dry out. I cook ours for around 6 - 8 hours or over night.

( and I weigh my ingredients ;) )

And that's why yours taste much better than mine. Not that I've had a nibble of your biscuits or anything, Alfie and Bubbles told me. ;)

Oompa-Loompa
25-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Hahaha I tried to make these a while ago and failed miserably! Mine smelled of wet grass :lol: And were all soft. Not even Bella wanted to try them and she usually eats anything :( :oops::lol:

Angie B
26-04-2012, 10:32 AM
:lol: you are all funny, made me laugh just :lol:

Here's a pic of said attempt:
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/AngieB422/DSCI0462.jpg

I put them back in the oven at 150 degrees for about 45 minutes then left them in once I switched the oven off, until this morning.

Safe to say although they did go a little firmer (but still not hard) and the rabbits are eating them :thumb: I don't think I'll be doing anymore. They absolutely stunk out the house and made me feel ill! I think my mistake (yet another one :roll: :lol:) was that I had no windows open ...

sparklefairy
26-04-2012, 10:39 AM

I might just pop them back in, thanks. Hubby'll be pleased ... :roll: :lol:

He was like "you're baking - for the rabbits?! When did you last bake for me?!" erm ... can't remember :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: