• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pooping

Claire_r

Warren Scout
Hi, I think one of our bunnies isn't eating some of his ceacles and then squashing them onto the newspaper in the cage, I think that's what they are anyway.

Just wondering why he isn't eating them as the little girl bunny we have pretty much always eats hers.

I only give them a small handful of pellets in a morning and fill up the hay rack around 4 times a day. Any ideas of what this is?

Thank you :)

Not sure, could it be greens? Veg and things?

I don't give them greens or veg yet as they are still only 12 weeks old and we were advised not to until they are about 6 months old. He is eating and drinking fine.i just wanted to double chek it's nothing to worry about. :D

I don't give them greens or veg yet as they are still only 12 weeks old and we were advised not to until they are about 6 months old. He is eating and drinking fine.i just wanted to double chek it's nothing to worry about. :D

Nothing that I can think of then :) hope he starts pooping better soon :D

Nothing that I can think of then :) hope he starts pooping better soon :D

Oh he poops normal just keep getting squished in ones as well. If nothing improves I will take him back to the vets. He is still running around and jumping all over so I'm sure he will be fine. Thank you :D:D:D

Back