• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with vaccinations? U/D Page 3

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
Roxy is due her Myxi and VHD boosters towards the end of May....Rory is due his beginning of October.
Is there anyway I can delay one and bring the other forward and meet in the middle somewhere so I can take them together?

Last edited:
Check with your vet, but I think you could just get Rory's done at the same time as Roxy's are due - I think we did this when we adopted Brownie but it was only a couple of months out......

Thanks :) just seems silly taking them both twice each time (so 4 times in total!) when only one of them has an appointment!

id bring rory's forward rather then delay, also if your vets now doing new combined vaccine be easier for you :thumb:

Because of the new combo jab coming in recently, my buns were vaccinated on time for myxi, but approximately 6 months early for VHD (differing timings due to coming into the rescue separately) - my vet (rabbit-savvy) said this would be fine.

Get Roxy's done now then if it's due :wave: I wouldn't wait just because it's a bit inconvenient to take them separately.

Its not inconvenience its the added stress on both bunnies of having 2 do the 2 journeys!

They're 5 months apart, so not much different to going the normal every 6 months anyway with the old vaccs. At least they'll still both get a check up twice a year.

It's up to you, obviously, but I wouldn't leave one un-vaccinated.

Because of the new combo jab coming in recently, my buns were vaccinated on time for myxi, but approximately 6 months early for VHD (differing timings due to coming into the rescue separately) - my vet (rabbit-savvy) said this would be fine.

So VHD can be done 6months early?? Thats good to know thanks. Will have to try and find a vet whos willing to do it then!

try pming jacks-jane :wave:

mine would be due myx in june, there myxi and vhd is in december, but my vet advised to get the combii done for both in june instead

you could also maybe ask the rwaf for advice?

One of my buns was vaccinated a month early to coincide with my other bun and I had no problems. Is there another vet near you who you could get advice from or is the vet you currently see pretty good? I wouldn't put off getting the one due for a vaccine done as you would never forgive yourself if something happend which could have been prevented. I know what you mean about wanting to cut the stress of vet trips down mine hate going to the vets and I feel so guilty taking them but I just keep thinking it's for their benefit and I'm keeping them healthy. xxx

We end up going to the vets every 3 months because Jessie's vaccinations are due in April and Oscars January, with boosters in October and July pretty much :lol:

It doesn't bother either of them too much as the vets is only a 5 minute walk away, and I quite like getting them both checked over every few months

I'd leave them to be done at the same time personally, but then I live in a 'low risk' area according to my vet, and I don't like giving vaccinations anyway.

But that's just me, and I know its not a popular opinion.

So VHD can be done 6months early?? Thats good to know thanks. Will have to try and find a vet whos willing to do it then!

I was quite surprised when my vet said that, but I trust him! It's a one-off situation due to this new combined vacc coming in at the exact same time as when their 6 month myxo was due :roll:

Could you maybe ask them to move Rory's e.g. 2-3 months early this year, so he matches up with Roxy next year?

(I didn't get a chance to gather RU opinions for my situation, but remembered seeing an old thread saying it was okay to have vaccs a few months early. Would be interested to see what other responses you get!)

Last edited:
Back