• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal Wood Protector Thingies ...

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry I don't know what they're called but where do people get them from?

People use them to screw them onto the wooden joins and such to stop pesky bunny teeth remodeling the hutches?

I was also wondering if people use these to secure the lino to the floor or do they use wooden batting?

Just put an order in for two ryedales and want to be able to protect them as best as I can!

I used a metal gripper edge (that you use to cover carpet edges) for the lino on Joey's last hutch - google 'carpet door plates' and you'll see. but if you buy a decent thick(ish) lino they shouldn't be able to lift it anyway.

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/building-materials/materials/plastering___plasterboard/-specificproducttype-plasterers_metal_work/Expamet-Thin-Coat-Angle-Bead-2-4m-9273226

:thumb:

Only criticism I have with using those is the edges are sharp if you have to cut to size, and at the moment all the edges are gaffer taped down (which the bunnies aren't showing interest in chewing) but I would want another solution to that!

ETA: the lino we used is so thick (it's safety flooring) we didn't secure it and buns haven't lifted it at all, and show no interest in doing so :thumb:

Back