• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How soon do you have to claim with pet plan?

nessar

Warren Veteran
I cant find my T & Cs , does anyone know?

And how exactly DO you claim? I cant figure it out.... how do I say what things were for each illness? Because we have dental costs, snuffles costs, incontinence costs.... but some are on the same day or same receipt etc.

I cant find my T & Cs , does anyone know?

And how exactly DO you claim? I cant figure it out.... how do I say what things were for each illness? Because we have dental costs, snuffles costs, incontinence costs.... but some are on the same day or same receipt etc.

Check with your vet because some practices will bill Pet Plan direct. Otherwise, you have to pay the bills and claim back. Your vet practice will be able to let you have a claim form.

If all the costs that you mention above were all as a result of the same condition or illness, then it wil be covered. You need to claim within a certain time-scale. Your vet practice will help you with the claim form.

Generally you have to pay an excess fee for each CONDITION claimed. However, that excess fee last for the whole of that policy year. So if your bun has an episode of stasis, you get your vet fees back less the excess fee. Then if your bun has another episode of stasis within the year that your policy is in force, you dont have to pay another fee but have ALL your vet fees refunded. Note though that if your bunny's illness straddles two policy years, you have to pay another excess fee.

Remember though that the excess fee is per condition so if the second illness is not stasis, you will have to pay another excess fee - mine is £50.

I've paid all the bills as I've gone along, I just would quite like some of it back :lol:

Do you know the time limit you have to claim, as in do you have to claim within a year of the illness or something?

You can certainly download a claim form from their website. Not sure whether the site also gives terms and conditions, or whether you just get those with your policy.
I'd be inclined to ring them - they can then answer your questions about time limit, different illnesses etc. You'll need your policy number when you ring.

Thanks, found it online...

You must send us your Veterinary Fees and
Complementary Treatment claim(s) within one year of
the treatment start date. if treatment is ongoing you
must ensure that claims are sent at least once every
12 months. See ‘Claiming’.

oh bum. the costs I wanted to claim back were ages ago, I'll have to check my receipts...

Back