• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What smells do rabbits like (apart from their own poop)?

Kavanne

Mama Doe
So, sometimes my two make stinky poops (cabbage appears to be the culprit) but I would like to have a scented candle on hand in case they do have any more episodes...

I have a vanilla candle and an orange one (pet odour exterminator ones from the vet), are either of these too offensive for buns?

I think I read somewhere they like lavender?

(Do they even care? I don't know, but I am not risking it!)

Hi :wave:

If your rabbits are producing smelly poos there is something not right. I would urge you to cut out the cabbage (& other greens) & stick to hay, pellets & small amounts of natural foraged foods :D

They can eat lavender + other scented herbs like mint & basil are also favorites :D

Yeah, no more cabbage as it's the veg i most recently introduced and it's only just started! But I want to have a cover up on hand as you never know when guests might show up unannounced...

Back