• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit adoption for meat, I smashed that guy's face!

caringck

Young Bun
One of my rabbit is up for adoption and I met a guy interested in adpotion at a park nearby to discuss, he said, "I will basically use her for meat and her kits for meat." I smashed his face, a few people gathered around, the guy gave me "Warnings", the people stopped the fight.
True Story happened with me!

I've nothing against eating rabbit or any other meat if it's raised and killed humanely but that was incredibly insensitive! If an animal wants 'rehoming' it's quite obviously a pet, not a meat animal :roll:

No matter what he said, there is no excuse for hitting someone. It's stupid and illegal.

At least he admitted that's what he wanted to do with the rabbit. I'd rather have someone be honest, than pretend that they want a pet. But obviously he was pretty insensitive.

You are very lucky that he was so honest! I have heard of cases where people lied and claimed they were looking for a pet, to then use the rabbit for meat.

You were very lucky indeed.

That's why you should always charge a fee so high that it will not attract people wanting to use the rabbit for meat.

Am sorry but I wouldn't have took my bunny to a pet shop , have you took your bunny out of that pet shop yet or is she still in there ??

Er, what? :shock: It's not okay to hit someone... You should have just told him he couldn't have her and thanked him for warning you what he was going to use her for.

:shock: Not cool.

Atleast he/she cares about his/her rabbit though.

How is the poor fenale and her kits? Chances are someone might buy her for meat anyway :cry:

Not sure a thread about beating someones face in is particularly a good one.

Can't condone violenece, at least the person you met was 'genuine' about what he was going to do. many people wouldn't bother telling you that.

Lorry loads of rabbits are transported around the world for meat, if i remember rightly, a rescue got hold of one such bun who had 'fallen off' one of those lorries and he was rehomed as a pet.

I've reported this thread, there are many people on here who won't agree with this and to be fair, i don't think its suitable.

Not sure a thread about beating someones face in is particularly a good one.

Can't condone violenece, at least the person you met was 'genuine' about what he was going to do. many people wouldn't bother telling you that.

Lorry loads of rabbits are transported around the world for meat, if i remember rightly, a rescue got hold of one such bun who had 'fallen off' one of those lorries and he was rehomed as a pet.

I've reported this thread, there are many people on here who won't agree with this and to be fair, i don't think its suitable.

Same. Violence should never be condoned.

Back