• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan *thumbs up*

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so glad i took out insurance for Ginger.

Yet again, i have a cheque for the full amount from them this afternoon :)

Without Petplan, i couldn't afford (easily) to pay for Gingers treatments.

Just a bit of a :) for Ginger and for PetPlan :)

:D So pleased :D

Lots of fuss for Ginger and Biccy x

Without petplan we wouldn't have been able to easily afford treatment for Buckley's arthritis. Some people might say "there's no point because if you don't use it you've wasted £100 on insurance" but it really is worth it! Yes I spend £100 on insurance but when we get a vet bill for £500 paid for and a happy, healthy rabbit... there's no question that it's worth it.

Glad to hear they've paid out! :thumb: i really ought to see how much it would cost for Smudge :oops:

The good insurances like petplan won't insure a bunny over I think 5 years old as I have tried for quotes for all of them and when I put he is nearly 7 the insurance is not available. Pets at home will but its a very limited plan with restrictions on total amount paid out in either one year or life of bunny.

The good insurances like petplan won't insure a bunny over I think 5 years old as I have tried for quotes for all of them and when I put he is nearly 7 the insurance is not available. Pets at home will but its a very limited plan with restrictions on total amount paid out in either one year or life of bunny.

They won't insure a new client who is over 5 but will keep up cover on an existing policy holder who is over 5. At least you can get some cover for an older rabbit with P@H but I know it sucks that you have so little choice.

Another thumbs up over here, they paid out over £1700 over the space of a month or so for Ted's recurring stasis.

Brilliant news. Another fan of Pet Plan here. I've definintely had more in payments than I've paid in premiums over the last couple of years. I couldn't give a home to as many rabbits as I do without insurance.

I currently have 7 insured with Pet Plan and 3 with Pets at Home. I've found the policies comparable, not sure what you consider limited, unless I've missed something :oops: The limit of cover (life) is £1.5k v £2k with Pet Plan but as the premium is also about 2/3 of PP's it sounds quite reasonable. I insured a 6 year old rabbit with Pets at Home last year and within 3 months claimed my full £1k (annual) insurance and got it. For me I was willing to insure with P@H and gamble on the 'last' £500 but not risk not insuring at all and gamble on the whole bill.

I have just a word of warning. If bunny has a problem when you get him, the will be an exclusion.
They say that any illness in the 1st. 2/52 of recieving the money is not covered. What they mean is that there's an automatic life long exclusion for the illness & any other illnesses which could be caused by it.
If you've paid the annual subscription, there's no refund on cancellation.
Unfortunately Benjie developed snuffles 3 days before the the 2/52 was up. Virtually anything can be attributed to snuffles.

I'd say get the policy in the day they arrive. I'm really wary of "private rescues" now. I'd strongly advise you to always go to a reputable rescue.

All 4 of mine are with pets at home insurance and its been great so far...we have sumbitted one claim so far and it was paid out quickly and with no fuss. The excess is at a little more at £75 and it covers £1.5k instead of £2k at petplan but I think its a brilliant, affordable policy :thumb: We also have the lifetime policy.

Graham, im so pleased that they paid out for you...its a lovely feeling knowing that no matter what happens you dont have th dreaded vets bill looming! ;)

I have just a word of warning. If bunny has a problem when you get him, the will be an exclusion.
They say that any illness in the 1st. 2/52 of recieving the money is not covered. What they mean is that there's an automatic life long exclusion for the illness & any other illnesses which could be caused by it.
If you've paid the annual subscription, there's no refund on cancellation.
Unfortunately Benjie developed snuffles 3 days before the the 2/52 was up. Virtually anything can be attributed to snuffles.

I'd say get the policy in the day they arrive. I'm really wary of "private rescues" now. I'd strongly advise you to always go to a reputable rescue.

We're in the same boat unfortunately thumps_ - Ginger's entire RTI issue is excluded but our vets are brilliant at attributing things on the forms meaning we get paid out when its not related. Especially as we have it mainly under control and manageable these days. I agree, get the bun insured immediately. I did, she displayed symptoms immediately though :roll: Trust her!

I have always been paid out for my claims. Kermit's Head Tilt, Inca's Leg / Back / Acupuncture and Herbies broken toe :)

Me too :D
The only problem I've had with them is that when we got Blues claim back the other week....it said Euthanasia £xxxx....Then it said that the out of hours treatment wasnt covered.
I got really upset and worked up about it untill I spoke to the vet nurse about it. she showed me their records and then it all made sense.
The Euthanasia charge was actually the collection fee for cremation and the reason they wouldnt cover the Out of hours is because it was for the PM....the vet didnt charge us for the appointment...mostly cause Blue was already pretty much gone by the time he got there.
He is however...writing a letter to see if they can pay it for that reason.
Other than the increase in excess recently...I have no problems with PP....and wouldnt get a pet without having insurance in place. I just can't afford it. Well....we would find the money....but I'd rather pay the 11ish pounds a month and know I don't have to panic.
I hate it when people don't take their pets to the vet cause it might cost too much.

Back