• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tragic Pet Shop Fire

So awful. :cry::cry: I saw the petrol station on fire on tv but didn't know about the pet shop. :cry: So tragic for all those poor animals and birds.

this breaks my heart :cry: those poor animals. they must have been so terrified. :cry:

thats what I thought ^^....from what the fire fighter said - it seemed that even though the pet shop was on fire they concentrated on the fire not spreading towards the petrol station...so I wondered if they could have saved som eof the animals :-:)cry::cry::cry:

thats what I thought ^^....from what the fire fighter said - it seemed that even though the pet shop was on fire they concentrated on the fire not spreading towards the petrol station...so I wondered if they could have saved som eof the animals :-:)cry::cry::cry:

^^^
They may have been able to but how close was the petrol station to houses? If a fully loaded petrol station went up it'd be like a bomb and have devastating consequences. Plus if the petrol station had exploded it would have taken the pet shop with it anyway - with people inside rescuing the animals maybe.

What a tragic incident. Let's hope the smoke got the animals first. Doesn't bear thinking about :cry: :cry:

^^^
They may have been able to but how close was the petrol station to houses? If a fully loaded petrol station went up it'd be like a bomb and have devastating consequences. Plus if the petrol station had exploded it would have taken the pet shop with it anyway - with people inside rescuing the animals maybe.

What a tragic incident. Let's hope the smoke got the animals first. Doesn't bear thinking about :cry: :cry:

Sad, but I agree. I have a firefighter friend who is faced with these kinds of decisions, sometimes her job is heartbreaking :cry: Sleep tight little ones xx

On the evening TV news one of the ladies from the pet shop was in the background and to say she was absolutely distraught would be an understatement. It is all too sad.:cry:

Back