• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

matt is so snuffly. he would love some nose rubs please

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
poor matt. i feel so sorry for him. he's so snuffly. but this time is quite a bad one and he seems quite upset about it. i've ordered his stronger meds and i've had to put his nebulising up to 30mins twice a day and his metacam up slightly aswell whilst we wait for the meds to arrive.

this is the worst i've seen him in a while to be honest. alot is draining out though which must feel awful but at least it's coming out. but he's sneezing quite alot and the side of his nose that is always worse sounds very bunged up. when he's extra snuffly you can hear the 'wheezing/squeaking' inside his body. (for anyone worried it's not his chest, he has been checked for it many times. it's the echo noise from the back on the nose)

he just sounds so bunged up and 'squeaky' :(

he usually gets a bit upset and agitated which he is now, pulling at his nose, but yesterday he even got a bit gassy from the stress. luckily one dose of maxolon and some tummy rubs sorted that but he's not right.

we're giving loads and loads of nose rubs. he moves his head up until you're rubbing just above his nostrils. he loves it so much he relaxes and starts to fall asleep. he's such a loving bun and needs so much affection at these time.

so any spare nose rubs for him he would love. :love: and i hope his stronger meds get here tomorrow.

Aww hope matt feels better soon! Honeys been sneezing:roll: loads of noserubs and cuddles for you Matt!:love::love:

Ginger's the same too - it tends to be humidity that affects us - thats why we never close the windows in here. The air always needs to be 'fresh' and 'airy' if that makes sense.

Nose rubs

the weather swaps and changes so much and i do think it affects matt alot. he moults alot aswell and then that makes him sneeze. he keeps 'asking' to be nebulised. he jumps up next to it and grooms it then looks at me. he knows it helps him. :love:

thanks for the nose rubs. he's sneezing alot so has cleared alot of snot but still sounds very bunged up. by day 4 of genticin added in aswell though all the sneezing and squeaking stops. that stuff is amazing for matt.

thanks for the nose rubs. mr matt has been enjoying them :love: he's getting a bit agitated now aswell. :( and he's resting alot aswell. still waiting for his genticin to arrive. should be today though. the post doesn't come until about 3pm.

thanks for the nose rubs. mr matt has been enjoying them :love: he's getting a bit agitated now aswell. :( and he's resting alot aswell. still waiting for his genticin to arrive. should be today though. the post doesn't come until about 3pm.

Oddly, its warmer today and Ginger's quieter too. We prefer it cool here, it keeps the air more moist and doesn't dry out. Has been sat in their pen all day, not come out once.

Neublisation later perhaps.

his medicine arrived this afternoon so he had his first lot this evening. he now has about 3-4 days of clearing it all which he doesn't mind too much because it's thinned alot and easier to clear. and by day 4 there is no sneezing and sooooo much less snot. :D then days 4-7 he is fine. :thumb:

matts just so happy again now. he is doing some of the biggest binkies i've seen from him! :shock::love:

Great news!

Grim's been happy again today as well, doing dead bunny flops right when I needed to medicate him and he looked so happy I had to come back and do the medication later.

I'm going to start a snuffle bunnies thread to see if they cycle at the same time and if it's to do with weather etc.

Glad to hear Matt is doing better. Having just gotten Mimzy's nasal issues more controlled recently, I have a special place in my heart for other snuffly bubs.

Here's to many more goober-free days for Matt! :)

Great news!

Grim's been happy again today as well, doing dead bunny flops right when I needed to medicate him and he looked so happy I had to come back and do the medication later.

I'm going to start a snuffle bunnies thread to see if they cycle at the same time and if it's to do with weather etc.

good idea. the weather is definitely the main thing that affects matt. he has been a bit more sneezy today again. the weather keeps changing and unsettling him again. he's still happy though. been dragging my trainers round the room all day. :roll::lol:

Back