• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Serious Help Needed, Don't Know What To Do

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
I need some serious help!!

When I saw the vet last Thursday she told me to let Whisky go back in the shed but only on one level. So I have blocked part off it off so she cant jump up on the ledge.

She also told me not to let her get wet… so she can only have her runs if its not raining. Today it was raining non stop since about 9am.

So poor Whisky has been locked in the shed all day :(. I went out to see her a few minuets ago to give her some veg and make sure she is ok and she jumped at the door and tried to escape :roll: if my OH wasn’t there to pick her up and put her back I don’t know what I would have done.

So my question is what do I do for her?? I don’t see the nurse again until Thursday to let me know if she is all ok to have everything back and go back to normal and im scared she will try and do this again…

Please please help me :cry:

I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong with your bunny or if you are ill? :oops: Just thinking if you're worried about Whisky not getting a run out (very cute bunny by the way :love:) could you bring her in to the house for a run around?

I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong with your bunny or if you are ill? :oops: Just thinking if you're worried about Whisky not getting a run out (very cute bunny by the way :love:) could you bring her in to the house for a run around?

Sorry didn't say we had her spayed on the 16th

there is no one able to bring her in and watch her during the day... i'm working and my dad can't look after her so i'm stuck :(

Sorry didn't say we had her spayed on the 16th

there is no one able to bring her in and watch her during the day... i'm working and my dad can't look after her so i'm stuck :(

I'm by no means an expert but I think if she's recently spayed it won't be an issue for her space to be restricted at the moment to ensure her wound is protected. Just think it's only in the short term, though I know it's really hard that they can't understand why we do these things :cry:

I'm by no means an expert but I think if she's recently spayed it won't be an issue for her space to be restricted at the moment to ensure her wound is protected. Just think it's only in the short term, though I know it's really hard that they can't understand why we do these things :cry:

OK thanks ... roll on Thursday when i see the vet again for her and lets hope she can have the whole shed back and the runs :)

nice and dry here today so she in running around in here runs.

is there anything i can do tho to help her get her exercise :)

I had Poppy in a 5 sided puppy pen for 2 weeks because I gave her too much space too soon and her wound opened slightly. Lola was in the same space for a week. It's a big op, don't worry about giving her so much room, she'll be fine :) plenty of time for exercise when she has recovered :)

bless her - she is prob not understanding why she is not getting her usual space to run about in...but as mentioned it is only short term...I kept my girls confined for 5 days in a small area and they also got frustrated but its to give thier wounds and muscles unerneath time to heal properly and is very important...perhaps giver her a toilet roll stuffed and closed off either end with some fresh grass and herbs inside it to giver her something to do....just a few more days and then she can have abit more freedom....also ask your vet if its ok for her to jump on thursday so you get the go ahread to enable her to have boxes and levels etc.

lotsa healing and calming vibes coming your way :);)

(My girls were in an indoor cage for 5 days with no running about at all...total rest)

I had Poppy in a 5 sided puppy pen for 2 weeks because I gave her too much space too soon and her wound opened slightly. Lola was in the same space for a week. It's a big op, don't worry about giving her so much room, she'll be fine :) plenty of time for exercise when she has recovered :)

thank you she just scared me last night when she jumped up and over the mesh by the door and tried to escape

Yep my girls were confined to the top half of their hutch for 3 weeks untill they could use the ramp safely (I did put them into the run in the third week for 10-15 mins at a time to let them let of steam but i wanted to keep it controled!!

bless her - she is prob not understanding why she is not getting her usual space to run about in...but as mentioned it is only short term...I kept my girls confined for 5 days in a small area and they also got frustrated but its to give thier wounds and muscles unerneath time to heal properly and is very important...perhaps giver her a toilet roll stuffed and closed off either end with some fresh grass and herbs inside it to giver her something to do....just a few more days and then she can have abit more freedom....also ask your vet if its ok for her to jump on thursday so you get the go ahread to enable her to have boxes and levels etc.

lotsa healing and calming vibes coming your way :);)

(My girls were in an indoor cage for 5 days with no running about at all...total rest)

Thank you :)

Whisky was indoors for 6 days very little room and then on sunday morning we put her back in her shed with part blooked off and the runs to play in but only when its dry and the vet said she's not aloud to get wet...

Thats why yesterday she was in the shed all day. i will find some bits for her to play with and thanks again x

Thank you :)

Whisky was indoors for 6 days very little room and then on sunday morning we put her back in her shed with part blooked off and the runs to play in but only when its dry and the vet said she's not aloud to get wet...

Thats why yesterday she was in the shed all day. i will find some bits for her to play with and thanks again x

its ok...yeah - her wound will have to stay dry for sure ;) Im sure she is just feeling like she wants to run about like mad...but she cant - it owul d be aweful if her wound opened or didnt heal...its also whats inside that we cant see that needs to heal properly...;)

Back