• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP! fighting girls

couchy

Young Bun
well i thought they were getting along in their new hutch but i have noticed hair on the floor and bruises and cuts on the dark one(lexi)

they never used to be like that and there is all bruises and graze marks on lexis back and a bit of pink on marbles face and i noticed theres blood on the hay near where they pee i got my appointment with the vets next week although my vet treatments are free i still got to pay for the rabbits to be sprayed and vaccine unlike my cat i get her stuff free, im with the PDSA so im quite annoyed it will be £63 each for the neutering and £40 for vaccinations each that's £103 per rabbit my partner have already payed out over £200 for me £150 for the hutch and £50 on accessories (books, tadpullin, petrol going to P@H plus treats) and sadly im on the sick so ill be giving him £46 a fortnight!
i know if i was in financial difficulties i shouldnt have had them but i am exception to hear off my old job so as soon as i start back with them ill be back on my £250 a week sal its just going to be tight for now but also worrying me because their fighting, either that or ill have to keep one indoors and one out.

how come from being in an indoor cage they were ok and now they battling eachother, there isnt any mark on marbles (the light one) but bad on lexi

If they are fighting and drawing blood I would separate them till they have been spayed and their hormones have settled down and then try re bonding them leaving them together the fights will just get worse and one of your bunnys will end up really hurt :cry:

i think ill have too they will 8 months in may from birth to now

ill think of something o well :(

I have two female rabbits living together as well. I got advised to have them spayed as soon as they were old enough for the op at four months. So I got them done at four and a half months. I did get told that if I didn't get them spayed the hormones would very likely cause them to fight.
So I think you need to split before the fights get worse and re bond them after they have been spayed.

Back