• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not eating HELP!

Lucy1666

Mama Doe
Dec has stoped eating i dunno why he was fine this morning eating his pellets like usually
but went out tonight to give him and amy some tea at 7 and he wont eat any :cry:
i brought him in to try and get him to eat something he wasnt bovered about pellets
but did have a bit of grass
im ringing the vets torrmow asap!!
but im worried he go tonight please help someone
nothing has change and his girlbun friend is fine i dunno why he gone downhill
but just want him to be better:cry:

if you can;t tempt hm to eat something, id try getting him to an emergency vets tonight, far to often see bunnies in gi statis go downhill fast, hope he will be ok

Has he poo'd today ?

When was the last time you can be 100% certain he was eating ? If it was when you fed him this morning then he cannot wait til tomorrow to be seen by a Vet. This is especially true if you do not think he has poo'd today.

Has he poo'd today ?

When was the last time you can be 100% certain he was eating ? If it was when you fed him this morning then he cannot wait til tomorrow to be seen by a Vet. This is especially true if you do not think he has poo'd today.

hes done some poos and the last time he was eating was at half 7 when i brought him in and he ate some grass :(
DSCF1643.jpg

hes nibbled a bit of hay too but not much

Last edited:
il try but i dont know of any nearby that do stay open at night
i live in the coutryside il have a look on the internet see if i can find some numbers :cry:

If you call the number of the Vet you are registered with there should be a recorded message as to who to contact in an out-of-hours emergency.

All practices have an out of ours service - usually a large practice in the area will do emergency cover for all the small practices in the area. If you ring your usual number it should give you the out of hours number to ring.

ive rung the normal number but it doesnt say about a emergency number just says ring bk at 8:50 :cry:
i dunno what to do he wont eat hes laying down do i leave him in the shed with amy do i bring him in and try and warm him up
i dont know:cry: mum keeps telling me theres nothing i can do accept hope i wish i knew what was wrong it just come on so fast :cry:

Where abouts are you? If you post a thread called something like "Emergency vet needed in x" in rabbit chat people might know of a nearbyish emergency vet you could try.

Where abouts are you? If you post a thread called something like "Emergency vet needed in x" in rabbit chat people might know of a nearbyish emergency vet you could try.

I didnt see this but i dont think it would of worked but thanks for the idea anway :(
sadly last night i went out to try and feed him some more grass and veg or anything but i was too late he already passed
amy was with so he wasnt alone :cry:

I'm so sorry he's gone. :(

Sadly bunnies tummies are very sensitive and once they stop eating they go downhill very quickly, a GI slow down could be caused by a number of things.

Oh no :cry: im so so sorry Lucy :(
i really dont know what to say, i know no words will help, but i know how you feel after been through it with toby, so if you want to talk about it you know where i am.
binky free dec xx

thanks everyone at least amy was with him i just wish i could of saved my little boy :cry:

amy is fine but i think she misses him too:cry:

Back