• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to entertain outdoor bunnies in this endless rain?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
I am running out of ideas and Finx and Tango can be seen sulking under the tarp, then in the hutch, then under the tarp... bored!!

bless them....Ive been filling cardboard boxes with hay and foraged bits and mine have enjoyed foraging in these....make a little hole in the side and away they go...

Hawthorn is also growing already...as is plantain...go forage and bring back bits to add to the forage bits for interest..they can find them.....the hawthorn branches will also give them something to chew on for a bit...be careful of the thorns though...I cut the branches with out them or cut them all off.;)

Ive also been filling toilet rolls with hay and rose petals and other bits..grass etc and folding either side of the toilet roll over so its closed...they spend ages chasing it about and getting the food out...

and of crourse some tunnels and levels for them to jump onto etc.;)

They have a digging box and things to jump on/hide in in the run, but they don't like getting wet and the tarp won't cover the whole run :lol:

I will try to find something to forage for and something fun to hide it in... Finx has a habit of eating cardboard boxes so I'd rather not let them have one all day while I'm at work, just in case!

I have a straw hat they've been eyeing up that I got free from a western thingy (long story), but I'm not sure if it's been treated with anything..?

Hmm.

Back