• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding worries

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
I'm looking for experienced bunny bonder's advice.

I am gonna be attempting to bond Poppy and Sam together in the summer after Sam has be neutured, his hormones have calmed down and he is healed. But my worry is Poppy. She has been spayed for over two months now and has shown no difference in behaviour including how aggressive she is. It might be that she hasn't completely calmed down yet. But with the way she is, I am worried about bonding her and then she hurts Sam. She is only really food aggressive but she can get a bit miffed if someone touches stuff that is hers.

Obviously when we bond we will do it in a neutral place and then they will be put in a brand new set up if they bond. But is she maybe too aggressive??

I think the way a bunny reacts to people can be completely different to how they react to another bunny, so you may be pleasantly surprised :D

See I thought that but I get two different reactions from her. She is fine towards Sam if he goes to speak to her at her pen, but if it's Patchies she goes mental (they are both unneutured boys who are gonna be done next week).

Back