• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best place to get a new hutch

beki

Mama Doe
Turns out the floor on my hutch is probably not going to last past the summer. Naughty bunnies peeing on it. I had considered replacing the floor but would actually like to get them a new bigger hutch really. I would like a 6 foot double ideally or a large wide 6 foot single. I have £180 to spend, can I get anything decent for this?

Please don't suggest a shed or playhouse to me, as much as I would love one, my garden is sloped upwards and is tiered in 4 sections and is really too narrow to put either of these up with an attached run. My overall aim is to section off a small area of the garden, either at the end or halfway down (the end is looking more tempting as it is concreted already with the exception of a 6x6 foot square) and putting the hutch inside an aviary

Take a look on ebay. Something slightly used will be cheaper (obviously won't suggest getting something well used or you will just be in the same position again soon!) so you will be able to afford something even bigger for your money.

Happy Hutch :D

I LOVE mine!

£150 inc. delivery, experienced excellent customer service, came with 3ft run on the front too.

You could use the extra £30 to build a run extension like we're doing :D

Thanks for the replies :)

Unfortunately I wouldn't trust my DIY skills, particularly as we have foxes locally.

I will check out ebay but I am a little picky and would like a new hutch, though I know some people make hutches to sell on ebay so maybe I could look at those.

Zahirre - Is it a double story or single you have and what size? it sounds a very good price, I will check out the happy hutch website.

If you're on a budget I would stick with a single storey as the ramp uses up lots of space anyway. Spend any spare cash on the run, that's the most important part :)

I know this is slightly smaller than you want but I picked up a 5ft * 4ft * 2ft double from p@h.

Its not online and I haven't seen this one before but it appears decent value @ £100 and would leave
you some left for a run?

SS

I have a 6x4 run already. I currently have a just under 5 foot double hutch. I really would like a double if I can get one or at least one with an under run as my rabbits really do make use of the whole space and even when I get my aviary I would have to shut them in the hutch overnight so want them to have as much room as possible. :)

Is the p@h hutch sturdy? They always look a bit flimsy to me.

Hi Belize

I agree as i had a small one for piggies, it was bad. This one seems a lot better only time will tell but do far so good

There is a picture on the thread thumpers new house

The front and sides are not ply and when complete it felt sturdy to me.

Like I said though its not online and I have not seen it I store before this weekend so thought I would take the plunge while it's in stock :)

Ss

Back