• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think you've answered your own question really, you just need to go over there and as calmly as you can explain that they're not looking after her properly. Try and be helpful rather than critical.

So sorry that it's turned out like that :(

as a few may remember last year Ruby had an accidental litter of babies, all rehommed to amazing homes, Up till 3 weeks ago.

Little Rasta Bunny was being kept in the playhouse and had free range of the garden, but due to her recent escape (that im told of only today) they moved her into an 'eglu' cage thing...
i have gone to feed her for them today (shes at my SIL's) and she launched at me, her cage is full of maggots her fur round her bum is knotted.

I homed her their so i am going to do right to see she is sorted.

I need to have a talk with the SIL without screaming and shouting etc...

i need to help them help themselves, and most importantly need to tame the bunny who i have insisted they have a companion for (she is now that hutch possesive she jumps out of it and hangs of which ever body part shes grabbed with her teeth...)

How can i approach this?
help needed ASAP really so i can get this sorted!

Oh no, what a shame. First thing is getting them to take her to the vet to be trimmed and checked for flystrike. Would they be amenable to a vet visit? What is your relationship like with your SIL? That will drive how you go forward. After she has been given the all clear could bunny come to you for some tlc and trust building? I assume she had become like this because she has been ignored and left to her own devices. It's going to be hard work to undo that unfortunately.

I think you've answered your own question really, you just need to go over there and as calmly as you can explain that they're not looking after her properly. Try and be helpful rather than critical.

So sorry that it's turned out like that :(

Thanks yeah i decided this aswell, just with losing Ulfric after doing the right thing, i darent talk to them about how wrong they are doing things!

Oh no, what a shame. First thing is getting them to take her to the vet to be trimmed and checked for flystrike. Would they be amenable to a vet visit? What is your relationship like with your SIL? That will drive how you go forward. After she has been given the all clear could bunny come to you for some tlc and trust building? I assume she had become like this because she has been ignored and left to her own devices. It's going to be hard work to undo that unfortunately.

Just reading your post made me think, maybe This was it, i wouldnt have seen Rasta bun today if i hadnt have gone to the vet up that way today, maybe Ulfric felt i needed to help Rasta instead?

i just need to convince The kids that aunty chrissy can fix her, and they can see her here...

Although i have had this convo when she broke out the play house and they wanted to swap my Hamster for her...

I'd get your OH to have a calm chat to her and see if he can say anything before you have to

Quick of the mark, why doesn't it matter?

Maybe its because i feel down or because i know how people talk off the forums... i dont want to replace Ulfric and get another bunny indoors, but i had been thinking about this thismorning before... "it" happned.

i know exactly what people will say and i just wanted to save the hassle..
:(

Thanks yeah i decided this aswell, just with losing Ulfric after doing the right thing, i darent talk to them about how wrong they are doing things!

Just reading your post made me think, maybe This was it, i wouldnt have seen Rasta bun today if i hadnt have gone to the vet up that way today, maybe Ulfric felt i needed to help

i just need to convince The kids that aunty chrissy can fix her, and they can see her here...

Although i have had this convo when she broke out the play house and they wanted to swap my Hamster for her...

That could well be. Hopefully seeing the state her bottom is in and the work needed to make it better they will happily ask you to rehabilitate her.

I'd get your OH to have a calm chat to her and see if he can say anything before you have to

yeah maybe, although hes more of a big baby when it comes to facing his big sister..

I think im just going to be stern, and straight to the point, or run and tell her mum..:lol:

If you're in a position where you could have her, and they've already suggested swapping for your hamster, then I would try and get her back. By the sounds of it shouldn't take too much convincing.

That could well be. Hopefully seeing the state her bottom is in and the work needed to make it better they will happily ask you to rehabilitate her.

yeah heres hoping, although when she is happy and friendly because of my hardwork, how do i tell them to begger off they arent having her back:?

Maybe its because i feel down or because i know how people talk off the forums... i dont want to replace Ulfric and get another bunny indoors, but i had been thinking about this thismorning before... "it" happned.

i know exactly what people will say and i just wanted to save the hassle..
:(

The only thing to think is that out is a coincidence that it has happened on the same day. Everyone can see how much Ulfric meant to you and that you would far rather have him home safe. You have a big heart and want to help every bun possible. Nothing wrong with that.

The only thing to think is that out is a coincidence that it has happened on the same day. Everyone can see how much Ulfric meant to you and that you would far rather have him home safe. You have a big heart and want to help every bun possible. Nothing wrong with that.

yeah, ill see how it goes this evening, they may be willing to listen, their is always surprises!:?:?

Had a HUGE blowout with the SIL she said she is more than capable at fixing her own rabbit, and i should stop trying to steal her rabbit...

soooo maybe ill be ringing RSPCA..:roll:

Back