• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Play time with bunny

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I'm trying to think of things to play with Doughnut. I always used to play with my cat but Doughnut isn't interested in her rattle ball or other play things. She loves her tunnel so I call her through that but that's about the extent of it!

She sits on my lap for treats so we have cuddles but I'd like to interact even more and make things fun for her. Just wondered if anyone has play time with their rabbit.

I just lie on the floor and let my two use me as a climbing frame. Herbie also licks my face when I am lying on the floor :)

Best thing to get a bunny excited? Get your paperwork out/accounts/presents to wrap etc and do them in the middle of the floor - guaranteed you'll have a nosey bunny in the midst of it all in no time! :lol:

Buns don't really 'play' like cats/dogs do but some will, it depends on their personality. Many just enjoy your companionshp as you go about your daily tasks :wave:

Yes I lie on the floor and she nibbles my hair and I make a tunnel which she goes under.

She is playful and I get a nose nudge on my foot if I'm sitting on the sofa and she wants attention.

I do consider myself lucky as she's a friendly little bunny and fully of happiness, just would like to think of things to play with her more. She used to like knocking down toilet rolls!

You could always try jumping. Some rabbits like it, others don't. Set up a low jump and entice her over with treats. :D
I've taught Smoo to do a trick, she stands up and walks on two legs for a grape. But I can't do it too much otherwise she'll get fat(er). :lol:

She does love jumping. I've got a little step for her and I did get a cardboard box for her to sit in with tunnels to feel safe but she jumped up twice and couldn't get down as it was too high. She also jumped halfway up the stairs and couldn't get down so had to rescue her, never done it since.

Any ideas what to use as a little jump?

A couple of mugs with a broom over them?

I think, rather than playing with rabbits like a cat or dog I see my 'interaction' with them as creating things for them to play with. Like making a cardboard fortress.

She has lots of play things but not really interested in them.

I may try the jumps for fun, she'll probably go round them for her treat!

I found Gus loved his food so much he would try to beat me out of the kitchen (quite funny watching a lop bunny sprinting on lino, ears going everywhere), so to encourage it (and try to get him out of the fridge or pellet cupboard, once he's jumped in) I would run out of the kitchen knowing he'd follow me
so now if I run ANYWHERE in the house, both bunnies, love playing chase and always expect to be fed at the end, even if the smallest treat (often something healthy like Papaya or a little bit of veg)
gives them good exercise too :thumb:

I may try running, she follows me everywhere hoping for food.

Last night she went mad, running at great speed, went flying into walls and then doing a roly poly all the way over! I called her through her tunnel and she came running over and through it so we do get to play quite abit.:D

Back