• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you have vaccinations done early?

clarebear

Mama Doe
Had a letter from the vets saying that Bramble and Bungee are due their Mixi jabs on the 28th May......the problem is we are going on holiday on the 19th....can they be given earlier than the due date? :?

Yes, or later. The Vaccination doesnt just 'stop' working. It takes a fair while to stop working, so if you need to wait 2 weeks, its not a massive problem.

Brilliant! I will get them done before we go away, as they are going boarding and I know they like to have their vaccinations up to date.

Yes, or later. The Vaccination doesnt just 'stop' working. It takes a fair while to stop working, so if you need to wait 2 weeks, its not a massive problem.

This.

Or though to be on the safe side I would always go for earlier rather than later. :wave: I have often brought vaccs forward to make them convenient (within the month)

All booked for the week before we go away, so they have time to recover before going into boarding.

Apparently according to the letter they also get, a full 12 part body examination, a free weight check, offer advice on parasite control, diet and dental care and will discuss any problems that may be concerning us! They can also have a manicure and pedicure as part of the package!! :D

Back