• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Recommendation For Sore Hocks Treament

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Last year someone (cant remember who :oops: tis an age thing :oops:) recommended this to me for Lady Lydia's chronic Sore Hocks

http://www.healx.co.uk/sp.html

It is proving to be VERY good, better than either Flamazine or Savlon Advanced Healing Gel. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way and it really is worth the money :D

Thank you Jane, that looks very interesting. Glad to hear something is helping Lady Lydia. :thumb:

Thank you for this - Hollie and Rosie my lionhead sisters both have hocks that are starting to look sore. I am keeping a regular check on them and have changed their flooring but will get some of this in just in case they worsen.

Thanks Jane - very useful to know. I'm using Gorgeous Guineas 'Perfect Paws' ointment on Parsnip at the moment but his hocks were only slightly pink and cracked.

I think I might have mentioned it at some point - the guy who markets it is a pal of my vet. I used it for a while on Fifi's sore hocks but wasn't massively impressed. Having said that, I've never had any more problems with Fifi bleeding although she still has baldy patches! My vet said that the feedback in vet circles had been a bit mixed and his pal had recommneded that to be really effective it needs to be used in conjuntion with bandages and changed every day so very high intensity nursing. And, on a personal note :D I used it on a burn from an iron and it disappeared very quickly. Also good for insect bites but I need to add that it is not passed for human use but then I'm at least half rabbit by now!

Back