• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Groomer needed in London?

Milky&Honey

Warren Scout
Hello all, do any Londoners know of any groomers that are willing to do home visits in the area? My pair are in desperate need of a nail trim. I got a pair of rabbit nail trimmers and have been trying to do it myself for the past few weeks but to no avail. All attempts have ended after a lot of stress and a trillion scratch marks. My friend suggested that I should trance them, but that's the one thing I desperately want to avoid, and I'm sure there's someone more competent out there who can do their nails without putting them on their backs.

So yes, it would be amazingly ideal if they could do a home visit as the buns get stressed when being put in their carriers as well as when they're actually IN their carriers. I don't want to put them through that unless it's to the vets.

Thank you for reading :wave:

Contact some cheap dog groomers or close breeders and ask them to show you how to do it, either you go there and see it done or they show you on one of their pets if you don't want your bun to travel, it really would be worth trying to get them more used to handling and travelling, if they are ill one day and need to go to the vets, the huge stress from the journey is going to make them worse, try leaving the carrier in their cages and putting food inside so they learn it isn't a threat

You could try some normal nail clippers (not scissor type) if the nails aren't too thick. I use them on 2 of my buns.

Where are you based? Is there a rescue near you that might assist for a donation? Vets will clip nails and normaly vet nurses too for a fee if all else fails.

Back