• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally settled in Serbia with two bonded rabbits, and a spayed Sharik :))

Alleycat

Alpha Buck
Sorry for the absence, but this i definitely not a 9 - 5 job :roll:

Both rabbits handled the travel well, although they were very lethargic for two days afterwards. Sharik came with me on a Saturday while King came with my ex on the Sunday (only rabbit per plan in cargo - can you believe it?!? - and especially since I had to listen to a barking dog for three hours on the plane :censored:). Anyway, Sharik was very lethargic after the travel, and barely ate for the first 24 hours, and was hiding behind the sofa in her room, but when King came, I brought him in to see her, still in his carrier, and she really perked up, and so did he.

So after 3 days of acclimatisation, I decided to let them sort things out for themselves, and let them hang out, supervised at first, then alone, and although they still haven't quite figured out who is the boss, I think Sharik is winning the battle :lol:

IMG_0376.jpg

Sharik was spayed yesterday in what is probably the most expensive spay in history, but contrary to my thoughts about rabbits not moving for 2 days after a spay - when I got to the vets to pick her up, she had already drawn blood from his finger, eaten half a lettuce, and was roaring to go. Had her in for antibiotics and painkillers this morning, and going again tomorrow, but she is bright and sprightly :love:

Finally,another picture of Sharik in her "majestic lion" pose:

IMG_0357.jpg

And one of the little ginger fluff, mid-clean:

IMG_0417.jpg

And the two of then, hanging out - haven't managed to catch them on film snuggling yet, they seem to do that only when I'm not around :roll:

IMG_0409.jpg

Hope everyone is well :wave:

Awwwwww thats fantastic :wave:, glad things have gone smoothly for you. All my buns had their whiskers and paws crossed for your 2 buns, especially with such a tremendous journey ahead.

They look like they are settling just fine and I'm sure with lots of your special snuggles, will be back to normal in a matter of days. If they are not, let them have a good old snowball fight to sort any differences :lol:

Glad everything went well for you, including the spay, that's great :)

However, I couldn't help but wonder why you fed your bunny lettuce? They're not supposed to have lettuce unless it's a dark leaf variety, like a Roman Lettuce I think it's called.

Chuffed that the move etc went well though.

Wow what an epic journey! :shock: I would have been a nervous wreck! :oops: I'm so glad your buns got through it ok :wave:

Glad everything went well for you, including the spay, that's great :)

However, I couldn't help but wonder why you fed your bunny lettuce? They're not supposed to have lettuce unless it's a dark leaf variety, like a Roman Lettuce I think it's called.

Chuffed that the move etc went well though.

Romaine is what I mean - being Norwegian, what you would call iceberg lettuce is for me "salad" - not correct I know, but it is a strange cross-over language thing ;)

Wow what an epic journey! :shock: I would have been a nervous wreck! :oops: I'm so glad your buns got through it ok :wave:

Yes, it was a bit of a trek for the buns - first 3 hours in a car, then 3 hours on a plane, one and a half hour at the airport, then another one and a half hours on a plane, and then finally another one and a half hour. I won't do that kind of travel again with them...

I am so sorry I mixed this at the time! What a relief that both the journey and the spay are over. It's great to see the two of them together as well, everything is coming together.

I hope you enjoy being in Serbia even though it sounds as though you are working harder than ever!:wave::wave:

Haha Ali. I have also just hunted back through alley cats posts! They are looking gorgeous! Glad the spay went well as well.

Hope it's not a bad question and that I didn't miss something, but what happened to Binky? X

What gorgeous buns. :love: I don't recollect seeing them before. I'm glad they got through the journey.

Pure nosiness so feel free not to answer but... what is your job? Norwegian origins and then places you've lived / worked make it sound most interesting.

Back