• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I spending too much time away from my buns?

Kavanne

Mama Doe
Just looking for some reassurance really as my heart says I leave them for too long buy my head says don't be so silly...

I work tues-fri 9-7 but lately I've been doing overtime and staying til 8. This means I am out of the house 7.30 am to 9pm... I spend about 30 mins with them in the morning and then an hour or so in the evening before I bed down.

They live free range in my room and they like to jump on my head in the night!!! (sooo soft on my face)

Am I being silly? I do have 3 whole days off work where I spend as much time home with them as I can (or buying them treats at the range...)

:-D

Wish I could be with them 24/7!!

I would only be concerned if you had a lone bunny. :) My bunnies do enjoy my company but they don't care if I'm not there. They live in my bedroom also but I don't spend much time in there. I have a part time job so I'm not out of the house as much as you but I also volunteer on my days off so I'm not there for the majority of the day throughout the week. They like having me there on a night and will sulk if I stay up late. :lol: The first thing I do when I come in from work is run upstairs to check on them and fill their hay up. :)
I love getting greetings from bunnies, even if it does mean they tend to trip me up from running in and out of my legs. :lol: If I sit in the room with them they tend to look at me as if to say "you aren't feeding us so why are you in here?" :lol:

I spend much less time with my buns than you do as I have two jobs - so sometimes work all day and then all night and sleep the following morning.

I would never keep a bun alone because of my hours but I honestly believe they are quite happy with their bunny companions - and they have the cats to snuggle with too.

I am fortunate that the hours in my day job are flexible so if I do have a poorly bun I can work from home or organise my day so I can come home every hour to medicate or syringe feed - and if I am really stuck I could take a sick bun (or cat) to work with me.

All my buns prefer bunny company to human company - but a couple of my cats are usually with me when I am home.

Thanks guys!! They also have A LOT of toys, I have now realised. Haha. I do like the bunny greeting in the evening, so cute!

Back