• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits tend to spend almost all of their time apart

lupine lacuna

Warren Scout
Is this a bad sign? They have been together for a year - but the male is always on his own in the run, downstairs, in whatever weather, while the female is upstairs in the hutch. Is this normal?

Thanks

Perhaps they are together at night. Have you noticed? I have a pair similar but at least they have company. They are just not the cuddly type.

Sometimes they're together, but 9 times out of 10 he is downstairs, even in the middle of the night. She rarely grooms him, but he does to her

Have you witnessed any fighting or hostile behaviour? If not, maybe they are just not close. I have a trio who are like that. They very rarely sit next to each but they get along ok. My two pairs are smitten with each other though :love:

My two are apart loads. They do lie next to one another at times, but mostly they are apart......

Under the sofabed at either side.
One in the crate, one under the sofabed.
One in the litter tray, one in the crate and so on!

I just leave them to it. I imagine that it is like us humans, some are uber affectionate and clingy and some are rather independant :)

Until Trixie left for the bridge last week- she and Skittle were often seperate.

He might be in the run and she would be in the garden somewhere - if we were about one would be in the summer house with us and the other in the cage.

But they would always be in the hay tray together every morning !!!

He likes shade - she liked the sun.

Its like humans really - sometimes is good to have a bit of time apart from our "partner" - lest we get fed up with them !!!:thumb:

Last night here in Guernsey it was force 8 winds and rain all night - and the whole time Sylvester, the male bun, was out in the run, all night (I got up and checked a few times in the night).!

Back