• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this be ok?

Hey,

really sorry for all the questions :oops: Just want to make sure I have everything right

I'm wanting an indoor bunny for my bedroom, its been bunny proofed so the rabbit can't get hurt or escape, I'm planning on letting it roam around my room all day and just put it in THIS indoor cage at night its around 5ft x 3ft x 2ft (Length x Width x Height) would it be ok? or is it too small?

Thanks xx

Personally I think that is on the small side. And very expensive for that! I have this for my bun http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260998253028 which is much bigger, and much cheaper! It also comes with a mesh top, so can be used outside if needed, and keeps your bun in if they decide to jump out like one of mine... :roll: Of course, that depends on you having enough space to have it up.
You also say 'it' as in one. Bunnies do much better in pairs, which is another thing to consider.
Don't worry about asking too many questions, you can never have enough knowledge!

Agree you dont need something that expensive ;)

It's also nice to have the house/cage on the floor so that you can - when allowing free range time - just open the door and let your rabbit(s) hop in and out at will :D

:wave:

Agree: please consider a pair of buns if at all possible although I appreciate there are some solo only buns up for re-homing which would be ideal if a single bun is the only option. I.e. if you can only have one bun please consider adopting one from a rescue that CAN'T be bonded :wave:

Also bear in mind that rabbits wake up early & can be noisy. I know lots of folks on here have bedroom based buns & so are better placed to give advice than me but be sure to have a back up plan (somewhere else in the house bunny could go) if the bedroom doesn't work out.

If free ranging you will need to 100% bunny proof the area :wave:

Bo lives in the living/dining room but sometimes comes upstairs to explore the bedrooms. I don't think I would want him in my room all the time though as he makes too much noise! Those big feet are loud when you are in bed! :D

I had a fairly small cage when I kept my bunny indoors; I found it useful to have somewhere for him to pop in and eat, drink and toilet. It was useful to have even though I didn't use it much; sometimes in the mornings he jumped on my bed and groomed my eyelashes which was a bit irritating so would pop him in there if I wanted a lie in ;)

Bare in mind when keeping them in your room they can be a bit noisey as they potter around. My rabbit used to rattle the bars when I shut him away too!

I agree with keeping two; I know the temptation to get one is huge; I started off with one indoor bunny after I'd had pairs of outdoor buns previously but after a year I realised I really missed watching him have companionship from another rabbit so rescued a friend for him.
It is really no harder keeping two rabbits than one; slightly more food and toilet and thats about it!

Rabbits don't shake bars if there are no bars to rattle ;)

Mini sometimes tries to dig through the carrier in their room but other than that they are quite quiet. Mischa gets annoyed when my alarm goes off and sits on me to wake me up so I turn it off :lol:

Just make sure you do though rabbit proofing, when I fostered a bun for a few weeks and he was in my bedroom I left a draw slightly open and he went in and chewed through my phone charger, laptop cable, and webcam cable. I've never minded the noise of animals in the bedroom though, but they probs will wake you you early doors.

My old rabbit lived outside his entire life with his sister, when she died and I moved him inside I couldn't shut him in his crate because he would throw his litter tray about and generally cause a nuisance, I gave up pretty quick and he used to sleep under my bed so I put a sheet down and made it into a little playground for him, he still got his food, hay and veg in his crate and he would usually go in his litter tray, but he would spent 90% of under there.

Rabbits don't shake bars if there are no bars to rattle ;)

Mini sometimes tries to dig through the carrier in their room but other than that they are quite quiet. Mischa gets annoyed when my alarm goes off and sits on me to wake me up so I turn it off :lol:

:lol::lol::thumb: Love this :love:

Back