• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

today never worked out the way i thought

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Well my saturday did not start the way i thought it was going too. Came down to Boo happily hopping around the garden visiting the other bunnies. he has somehow opened his door on his hutch and thought he would go and say hello to bunnies.

then friend rings she was given two bunnies from by someone. apparently she has two rabbits which are both german lops. were let out together and one became pregnant. bunny gave birth to two bunnies and was fine and then at 4 weeks didnt want to know. she says that she has hand reared them but is going on holiday and wanted to give them away or to a pet shop. my friend took them last night and asked about the two adult bunnies to be told they are with my sister as i wasnt sure i wanted them.

my friend was worried about them and has asked me to have them. some of you know may remember i got a german lop a few weeks ago who is now 14 weeks old. he looks huge compared to these two. I think they look about 4 weeks old and hope that they are older than they look. i have weighed them and the black butterfly is 450 grams and the agouti butterfly is 300 grams.

SAM_0595.jpg

Aww they're beautiful. Gimme, gimme, gimme! :love: Teheheh. Hopefully they go from strength to strength, keep uploading pictures!

I am so in love with these two and I know they are not going anywhere even though I have 7 already. They are both little girls and very very sweet. my nephew and neice have called the black butterfly lofty and the agouti butter fly called louise. I have just been on websites and have found out that if they are 6 weeks old that they should be at least 1kg so they are very very under weight.

if anyone has any ideas of things to help them put on weight as little louise is very thin and you can feel all her bones poor little love. they have never been outside apparently she had them in a plastic container box with netting on the top, god knows.they have been out today as the sun was out and it was lovely and warm so thinking they can go out for a bit in the day building up very gradually and stayin my utility room at night as it is cool so they not getting used to the heating.

they do look underweight - I would suggest continuing with the food they are used to but given ad lib (I am presuming they were weaned???), adding LOADS of alfalfa hay (alfalfa is very weight putting on apparently) and then gradually putting more junior pellet feed in with what they are used to eating (unless it starts to upset them).

Do not try and re-start milk if they are over it. Also I kind of presume that she did not give the appropriate milk (nearest is double strength kitten milk) and so you would just be making things worse.

Good luck

thankyou , from what my friend could get out of her she took mum out cos she didnt want to know them. My thinking is mum might of wanted a break from her babies or gone and got something to eat or very friendly and she has taken this as not being interested. dont think we will ever know.

they have unlimited hay and will go and get alfalfa hay tomorrow. they are happy and cheeky, just think it will be a very long journey to get some weight on them. The agouti butterfly is the worrying one she is just so tiny and thin you can feel all her bones but she is loving her food at the moment.

thankyou everyone

Back