• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 chickens, 4 cats, 2 rabbits and a baby....

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
My life's pretty hectic at the mo, rescued a wondering chicken, ended up adopting two more along with some rare breed eggs we are having a go at incubating now! Joey and teddy are doing well and happy, Archie is a little monster that is now on the move, walking a long furniture and generally getting into trouble! He will be a year old in a month!!!!!

c031b281.jpg

25e175fd.jpg

dc1af2b1.jpg

7f7b8609.jpg

8d13bfaf.jpg

7506da60.jpg

679aa8f3.jpg

89c5bb84.jpg

6dd79f07.jpg

f7bf233c.jpg

cd4fe0e5.jpg

2ac0f960.jpg

1677ead1.jpg

ca6a3fc5.jpg

c31c9cf5.jpg

ace92232.jpg

ed840a05.jpg

Yeh they love him! Infact wish he could catch them for me as when they first come out hes the only one they'll let near them incase I try to put them away early! Lol

So lovely to see you Lara !! :D

Archie looks like a right cheeky chappie :love:

All the furries and featheries look very happy :love:

Hope you are OK xx

I wondered how you were doing and always ask Sam if she has spoken to you.

Your cats are so good each eating out of their own bowls. Mine all fight over the same one. How have you acquired another two? Has your OH moved in? Glad you have met someone decent at last. Any tips?

The photo of you with Archie is wonderful - so wish I looked like that.

How is your Mum doing now?

So many questions - sorry:oops:

Really good to hear from you xxxx

Beautiful photos. Can't believe how much Archie has grown. You all look gorgeous. :love: Hope life is treating you well. You deserve it.

I wondered how you were doing and always ask Sam if she has spoken to you.

Your cats are so good each eating out of their own bowls. Mine all fight over the same one. How have you acquired another two? Has your OH moved in? Glad you have met someone decent at last. Any tips?

The photo of you with Archie is wonderful - so wish I looked like that.

How is your Mum doing now?

So many questions - sorry:oops:

Really good to hear from you xxxx

He's moved his cats in, we're just trying to sort out his flat so he can get it on the market. Nope, no tips lol I've had my share of awful men!!! So glad I have one now that thinks like I do and actually treats me nicely!

Mums not too bad, they've stopped the chemo again as it stopped working so just a wait and see now with the tumours. She coughs a lot and is tired.

I've had lots of problems and broke some ribs coughing on two separate occasions then broke a toe so they are sending me for a bone density scan soon. Managed to have someone drive into my car Thursday too and have ended up with whiplash to top it all off!!

How are you? Xx

I have to ask....do you have your rabbits and chickens out at the same time? I'm hoping the answer is yes:D and is there any 'infection' that either can pass to the other. hope you can help thanks -x-

Hi there. I do know there are diseases that can be passed on to rabbits. One of the main ones is red mite and I quote Richard Saunders "This is a difficult parasite to treat". There is an article about keeping chickens with rabbits in Rabbiting On magazine Issue Summer 2011. It allso states that chickens carry E coli which rabbits and humans can pick up

Back