• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bureaved bunny

vanessa

Warren Scout
One of my bunnies passed away on Sunday night. We showed the body to the other bunny, I hadn't realised it should be left there for a few hours and the vet said just show it and if he's not too interested don't worry. He did go up to her and lick her face, but it wasn't for that long and he just walked away from her pretty quickly. He is doing okay, eating and drinking well, but he just seems a bit down and not as happy as before. In your experience how long does it take for a bureaved bunny to start to act more normal? He is an indoor bunny and I have been giving him extra attention. I'm not sure about getting another bunny (he's 6 years old) because he is incontinent and hard work trying to keep him clean and the house clean (had all the tests and bladder de-sludged but it didn't really make that much difference) and being really honest I have found rabbits quite stressful to keep because of all the medical problems my ones have had and how hard it is to medicate them with them struggling etc. Obviously if he stays miserable I will have to reconsider, but if anyone has any tips to try and make him happier on his own I would appreciate it :)

Bereaved bunnies.I had one of these.My BB fell apart after Lily-Shane was pts.
He pulled his fur out, hid constantly,tiny weeny poos.
Not good.

A new wife was arranged and when they met, he threw himself at her....under her chin.He was so keen for loves.Hes a real bunnys bunny.
Married for 4 months now.....:D

My male bunny lost his wife 7 weeks ago and he didn't seem to react much. Certainly he continued doing everything he should and over the next 3 weeks he bloomed! Put on weight and lovely fur and much friendlier and real character. We gave him alot more attention and he now has his food to himself whereas before she was 3 times his size and I think she ate all the food fast. I do feel sorry for him being on his own but he is nearly 7 yrs old and I cannot adopt a rescue as his cage is within a walled gated paved area but it is not totally predator proof and resues will not let me adopt so daren't risk buying a bunny and then finding they do not bond. :cry:

See how bun is over the next week and as long as bun continues to eat drink and do everything they normally do then should settle.

Back