• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else's bunny get excited about hay?

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Bella always starts binkying like mad and looks super excited bless her :lol: And then she runs straight to it and starts munching! Every time :lol: Boris is more laid back about it but he occasionally does a couple of mini binkies (that head-shake type of thing :lol:) when I bring out the bag! Does anyone else's buns act like this or are mine just strange?

It totally depends on how much they like the current batch of hay! Olly and Honey do get excited if it's a nice bale, and run around and periscope while waiting for me to get it out of the bag. Daisy and Digby never get excited! But if I rustle the bag of green oat hay then Olly and Honey are super excited and sometimes binkyv:lol:

Sam goes mad and gets excited for anything, Poppy is not bothered and Patchies usually gives me quite a grumpy look when I put hay in for him. Doesn't stop him munching his way through it. :lol:.

OOH yes. When they free range my room they have the 'hay bar' (a bucket with hay in so they can choose their own hay, which they love :roll: Simple minds and all that...) I get circled whilst coming with the hay bar and proceed to pounce on it as soon as its down. They would much rather do that that run around or have mummy cuddles. Blokes eh? lol.

Yip, as soon as they hear me rustling in the bag they rush over to the litter tray and run round my feet!

I put hay in a big plastic plant pot, I only have to pick it up and the are both running over my feet. They love the burgess hay with dandilion and also vitaverde with rose.

they are freerange during the day and the only way to get them in the shed at night is to hide some pellets in the hay bucket and then quickly shut the door:lol:

Back