• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fidget's a celebrity !! - showing off his scar :-)

Thank you. We think he's pretty special too :love:

Glenn's a pretty special vet as well. I've waited years to find a vet like him and I'm so lucky as he seems to have an extensive and excellent all round knowledge. He's seen my bunnies, guineas, chipmunks and dogs so far and has been exceptional with them all.

If anyone lives in Kent/Medway, I'd thoroughly recommend him. Great opening hours too as they're open more or less the same hours as P@H.

Oh my god am I reading this right he came in and did the surgery for free? That is amazing I can't imagine the worry you must have been going through and then the relief

Ruthie xxx

Oh my god am I reading this right he came in and did the surgery for free? That is amazing I can't imagine the worry you must have been going through and then the relief

Ruthie xxx

No I'm afraid he didn't do the surgery for free, although I agree that's how it reads. The total cost of treatment for Fidget came to nearly £1800 instead of the £4000 it would have cost at the referral vets :thumb:

What a nice story. It does read as if you got the op free though, silly journalists!!

I actually read your entire thread a bit late after the event and was so glad that I got to read that Fidget was better.

No I'm afraid he didn't do the surgery for free, although I agree that's how it reads. The total cost of treatment for Fidget came to nearly £1800 instead of the £4000 it would have cost at the referral vets :thumb:

Oh shame lol but £1800 is more manageable than the £4000! Glad you got some help

Rthie xxx

Are they letting you pay it in installments then? You did well to raise £180

Ruthie xxx

Sorry - I've only just read your reply. We're paying various places/people back in instalments, yes. We've robbed Peter to pay Paul so to speak - lol

Here's Fidget showing off his new scar - the one to the right is where he had the chest drain. I've given up keeping his T shirt on now as it hardly seems worth it in all this rain/mud. His stitches came out last Wednesday :thumb:

IMG_0498.jpg

Awwwwww bless him !! :love:

How is he doing ?

Very very well thank you Jane. The powers of recovery in animals never ceases to amaze me. Apart from his scar, you would never know how poorly he had been. He's racing around at a hundred miles an hour and getting into all sorts of naughty puppy behaviour :love:

He has the heart of a lion and so many well wishers, it's untrue. We paid a social visit to the vets on Friday and he caused chaos. Tried to jump on the reception desk, tipped over some treats and then took himself off to be weighed - he's gained a kilo in two weeks :lol:

When we came to leave he sat on the floor outside and steadfastly refused to move - he was adamant that he wanted to go back in. Considering what they did to him and the pain he was in when he came round, it's testament to the wonderful veterinary staff that Fidget is desperate to spend all his time with them :thumb:

Back