• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harcourt-Brown's now have a website and a new vet....

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
http://www.crablanevets.co.uk/

Their business name is Harcourt-Brown Limited but the website is under Crab Lane Vets ...
Interesting that there's now a 5th vet ... There's only been 4 for the 3 years I've been going there. *Hopefully* this just means that they are spreading the workload more and no imminent intentions to retire for either of the H-B's :? Though, I guess all the information on the website about being a referral practice isn't suggestive of any intention to retire in the near future (crosses fingers very tightly!) I can see the sense for the distant future of using the street name rather than their name.

It does give Ruth's credentials as 'rabbit vet' though, which is hugely reassuring, because she's a darn good rabbit vet, in my humble opinion.

(from website)
Ruth Hardy BVetMed MRCVS (London 2002) has been at Crab Lane for the last 5 years. Ruth enjoys looking after the pet population of Harrogate and is expanding her experience in rabbit medicine and surgery.

Last edited:
Ah, that'll be why I couldn't find the website the other day. Even if FHB were to stop practising, I don't think she'll ever truly retire. I think she'll keep researching and writing for a long time, and will always be available to pass that wisdom on to the vets there.

I think it was Allison that I saw when Storm was there a couple of years ago, and she was fantastic :) I haven't had the honour of meeting FHB... yet!

Ah, that'll be why I couldn't find the website the other day. Even if FHB were to stop practising, I don't think she'll ever truly retire. I think she'll keep researching and writing for a long time, and will always be available to pass that wisdom on to the vets there.

I think it was Allison that I saw when Storm was there a couple of years ago, and she was fantastic :) I haven't had the honour of meeting FHB... yet!

I suspect you are right there. Ah, I knew you'd been there with one of your bunnies, I had thought you'd seen FHB, I didn't realise it was one of the other vets. It says on the website now that Allison is a partner.

Last edited:
Back