• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could I ask for some advice for a friends bun?

Jenson

Mama Doe
RU we need some advice, guidance, suggestions.

My friend has a bonded pair, usually outdoor but currently living in her kitchen as the male is poorly.
Bun has not been eating or pooping properly for a week, he has been into her vets practically every day for checks and meds and x-ray and a dental. The dental was Wednesday and he was syringe fed that night and since. He was still very subdued and uninterested yesterday and spent the afternoon at the vets but came home stressed as they were unable to draw blood. She has taken him back into today.

Does anyone have any further suggestions of what else my friend should ask for, any advice, additional meds etc
He was a little brighter last night, ate a little but no pellets. He had subcut fluids at the vets and was drinking quite a bit himself too.

Hi
thanks
Vet has injected gut stimulant, appitite stimu

lant, antibotics and pain meds.

The x-ray didn't show anything and he had some small spurs filed in case they were causing any problems.

My friend said he has brightened a little but tires very quick and hardly eats so she is supporting with small syringe feeding.

Please excuse my typing i'm on my phone.

Hello

Quick bump to ask for ideas. poor bun is finding constantly being at the vets distressing.

Thank you

Back