• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should Phyliss become an indoor bunny?

MichelleBee

Alpha Buck
Hi

I have three bunnies, all sisters, who used to live together quite happily until Phyliss became ill. Since she spent two nights at the vets, we've been unable to bond them again. It seems that they really don't want to live together anymore. Our options are as follows:

1. Try bonding again in a few months, when hopefully the Spring hormones have settled.

2. Bring Phyliss inside and let her live as a house bunny. She gets on with the cat, so she would have company during the day whilst we're at work (although obviously she would be in her cage - I don't trust the cat that much!!).

3. Get her a husbun - although realistically it would be tight on the finances and I'd rather have three bunnies I can afford to vaccinate etc

Other people have suggested that we re-home her, but neither of us wants to do that unless we really have to and it would be in her best interests.

Opinions gratefully received!

If I were you I would bring her in for the time being. Some buns are happy on their own (so long as they have enough company), my last bun was a lone rabbit because she froze and panicked around all buns, and was very happy. However not all buns are. There's no harm in bringing her in for now, and seeing how she gets on. If shes happy, problem sorted. If she seems lonely, you can try re-bonding with her sisters in a few weeks. Again if it works, great, if not then you can re-examine your options.

Back