• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fosterers?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

They derby bunny situation got me agreeing to foster bunnies which is something I have wanted to do but been really worried about doing...however becase it was an urgent situation i got over my worries (of not being able to part with them!) and just offered...RACR think they have all the buns covered so i dont think they will need me...

The rescues around here that I have contaced have said that they like to keep buns on their premises so that they can be treated by their own vets to keep costs down...which I totaly understand but I would really like to get into fostering :) I just emailed fat fluffs for some more info.

So who do you foster for and are they local to you? the only one I havnt contacted yet is RSPCA walsall. I need to find a hutch but i do have a 6ft run available to use.

Last edited:
Might be worth contacting Greenleaf, she sometimes uses fosterers outside the local area I think?

I used to foster for Bunny Burrows, which is about an hour away from me. They let me use my own vet for foster buns though.

Hope you can rescue to foster for xx

I also want to foster but all the decent local rescues like to keep their buns on the premises too, hopefully I will find someone to foster for!!

:wave: Good luck with fostering. May I suggest that when you do foster, that you get all the conditions agreed beforehand. e.g. Vets visits and bills - do you need the Rescues permission or do you go ahead - then who pays. Do you pay up front and they reimburse or does it go out of their account. Who pays for essentials like food & bedding. What about people coming to view bunnies - are you and your family happy to have total strangers coming to your house for this.

That's just a few things to ponder (says moi - a failed fosterer :oops: I managed to foster one then kept the second :oops: )

i am currently a first time fosterer and loving it!

i'm fostering for Sue's rabbit rescue but it could easily have been Greenleaf as they were working together on the 35 Leeds bunnies when i offered help.

Angus is in for neutering tomorrow and no matter how many i have taken to be done i still feel ill until i get them home safe again so not looking forward to it but will be glad when he has been done.

i have totally fallen head over heels for these 2, it will be hard to let them go when the time comes.

I'm in Birmingham and foster for Jane's rabbit rescue in Warwick and Fat Fluffs.

Ohh thats interesting...do you mind if I ask your experience of fostering with fat fluffs? Im waiting to hear back from their foster person at the moment :thumb: do you provide hutch and food and they provide vets bills etc. Do you find them easy to work with?

Ohh thats interesting...do you mind if I ask your experience of fostering with fat fluffs? Im waiting to hear back from their foster person at the moment :thumb: do you provide hutch and food and they provide vets bills etc. Do you find them easy to work with?

I have adopted from fat fluffs and done a couple of home checks for them and can safely say they are an amazing rescue to work with! I have no experience of fostering for them so cant help there though. Chloe (the owner) is a member on here as are a few other members of the team. :thumb:

I have adopted from fat fluffs and done a couple of home checks for them and can safely say they are an amazing rescue to work with! I have no experience of fostering for them so cant help there though. Chloe (the owner) is a member on here as are a few other members of the team. :thumb:

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

I'll second this. :thumb: My Sugar came from Fat Fluffs. They are an amazing rescue and very professional. :D

One thing I'd like to add - whatever rescue you are considering fostering for, have a look at their conditions of adoption and policies. I say this because it is impossible not to bond with a bunny you foster and you want to know that they will go on to the best homes and not have to worry about where they will end up after they leave your care. I foster for Crawley Guineapig Rescue and they are great at homechecking etc. and the buns I've fostered have all gone to great homes, many of whom keep in contact with Jenny. That peace of mind is invaluable, especially as I still tend to stress over it, completely unnecessarily so!:oops::oops:

Back