• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

saw a neutered rabbit for sale...

Whys that shocking? They are probably just trying to get it a home fast, but dont want to put it for free because it might go as snake food. Still might, though as its so cheap... IMO if someone cant afford £50 for a rabbit or a pair, then they will struggle to afford to keep a rabbit, theyre expensive pets.

Whys that shocking? They are probably just trying to get it a home fast, but dont want to put it for free because it might go as snake food. Still might, though as its so cheap... IMO if someone cant afford £50 for a rabbit or a pair, then they will struggle to afford to keep a rabbit, theyre expensive pets.

Just shocked because you dont usualy see spayed/neutered rabbits for sale on freeads etc
Yeah i agree about people who cant afford £50 for a pair of rabbits.. Cant afford them then dont buy them:thumb:

If you get her, I would look for a spay wound,ask for contact details of vet to verify bun is spayed, get her booked at vets for a scan, OR never keep with an un-neutered male:wave:

Could you contact them and suggest they sell her for at least £15 and explain to them that it is for the good of the bunny, as she will otherwise end up as snake food or bait!

If they offer her for £5 it is very likely she will end up as snake food :(:(.

Aww I couldn't have her anyway but she does look super cute :), I can email them if that's what needs doing wouldn't want her to end up as snake food!

Could you contact them and suggest they sell her for at least £15 and explain to them that it is for the good of the bunny, as she will otherwise end up as snake food or bait!

If they offer her for £5 it is very likely she will end up as snake food :(:(.

I must be awfully nieve but do people really buy buns off places like that for snake food?? :(

I must be awfully nieve but do people really buy buns off places like that for snake food?? :(

Sadly all it needs is a quick search on youtube to see that it does happen. I wouldnt reccommend looking though. I think it happens more with small rodents as not many snakes can manage something as big as a rabbit, but it certainly happens, and they're not likely to want to pay pet shop prices for one. Sadly some people think its good for the snake to have live food, more natural etc.... but in reality they want to watch :( thing is its actually really dangerous for the snake too.

Back