• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing Grimlock news!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Today was the first day in over a month that he didn't have any painkillers. :)

Since I brought them in he hasn't been overly lively as he's been ill and neither of the rabbits have come downstairs even though I've left my bedroom door open.

I was a little worried he might still be in pain but I would know if he wanted to eat. I used to put food out all day for him, but Smoo was just eating it and putting on weight so she needed to be on a diet. So I have taken the food away and every few hours I'm separating Grim and offering him food.

Well I got a bit carried away with my work and hadn't fed him in a little while... and he came downstairs to get me! :D

I was just so happy. I said "Come on then, let's get you some food." and he ran upstairs in front of me to the place where I feed him. :love:

He's improved so much. He's not perfect yet. He's still being very fussy with food. He won't eat soggy rabbit pellets but he will eat soggy chinchilla pellets (which are bigger) and bread. He'll also have soggy oats. I'm just letting him eat what he wants right now.

He's improved so much. He's not perfect yet. He's still being very fussy with food. He won't eat soggy rabbit pellets but he will eat soggy chinchilla pellets (which are bigger) and bread. He'll also have soggy oats. I'm just letting him eat what he wants right now.

That is great news. He is a real fighter.

Wonder what it is with Chinchilla pellets, I used to catch Sunshine and Cutie-pie breaking into and ripping the chinchilla food open. Its shut away now.

That is great news. He is a real fighter.

Wonder what it is with Chinchilla pellets, I used to catch Sunshine and Cutie-pie breaking into and ripping the chinchilla food open. Its shut away now.

It's like a magical treat. :lol:

I still can't get over him coming downstairs. He hasn't been up to doing it for so long. Smoo is a little scared fo doing it which is a good thing for our wires. :roll: If she starts I'll need to put the baby gate up. :lol: Grim can come down as much as he wants because it proves he's well and he has no teeth. :love:

It's like a magical treat. :lol:

I still can't get over him coming downstairs. He hasn't been up to doing it for so long. Smoo is a little scared fo doing it which is a good thing for our wires. :roll: If she starts I'll need to put the baby gate up. :lol: Grim can come down as much as he wants because it proves he's well and he has no teeth. :love:

Must be. I even saw Sunshine eat chinnie poos. :shock::lol::lol:

Its great he got up and down the stairs. Its a good thing Smoo stays upstairs. ;)

The chinchilla food has made his poos a weird colour though, really pale brown. :lol:

Oh bless his socks! So glad to hear he's feeling better!

Did you ever try him on the fibafirst? I have fibafirst, supreme vet care digestive, excel adult and excel junior here, so give me a shout if you want to try him on any of them and I can send you some.

You could mix his normal pellets in with the chinchilla ones, that may tempt him into eating rabbit food again, silly Grim.

That is so sweet, coming to get mummy :)

It makes you feel all warm n fuzzy when a sick bunny does something out of the ordinary :)

aww bless him :love:

I really do think there is something magical in chinny food though, everytime I go into the food cupboard to feed them buns, Storm thunders across the room and goes straight for chicos food ignoring all of the bunny pellets, hay, herbs, grasses and treats :shock:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm slowly mixing rabbit food back into the chinchilla food, but he's not happy about it. :lol:

Back