• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An update on my beautiful Violet

batmobile

Mama Doe
Today I finally had my referral appointment to see Molly Varga in Holmes Chapel. After a few months of struggling to make Violet's breathing easier and administering baytril, when she started losing weight again, I asked my vet for a referral (having already had some email advice from Molly). She was a lovely woman and I instantly had a lot of confidence in her. She said Violet's lungs are very full, she couldn't hear anything through them and that she was obviously struggling. I left her with Molly for the day so that she could do xrays and put her and her friend Ollie in the oxygen chamber. She only gave her a bit of Valium as full sedation would have been too dangerous. It is 50mis from home so I went home for the day and waiting for the phonecall. She came through the xray ok and there are good pictures. Violet has an enlarged heart and behind this there are a lot of areas of 'wooly' shadow. This means Violet's lungs are full of tumors. I decided to bring her home with Ollie and give her the recommended 3 medications to keep her comfortable until it is time to say goodbye. It was a shock as lung tumors are rare and all 4 vets I have seen over this time said that. However, this is what she has and the prognosis is 'weeks - a few months' of life left. I am very upset but I am also relieved that I a) know what it is now b) that there was nothing I could have done to help this. She is a beautiful girly, a joy to know and I feel honoured that Jill (honeybunny) who nearly kept her as she loved her so much, trusted me with her. I hoped for longer but knowing what a fighter she is, she might surprise us and have a longer time. :love:

Oh no poor Violet :( You will have to spoil her rotten while she is still with you! :love: Sending loads of noserubs and vibes for her xxx

I'm so sorry Jo. I know how special Violet is to you and also to Jill.

I also know that you won't let her suffer and she will have everything she needs until it's her time to leave you.

Sending gentle nose rubs for your beautiful girl and hugs to you xxxx

Oh no Im so sorry to hear this and such a shock too that that's what it is. I know that she will be so loved in her last few weeks and months hugs to you Xxx

Back