• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Converted to Megazorb!!

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
Goodbye shavings, hello Megazorb!! I've just done a full cage clean and re-bedded with Megazorb :D

The buns bounded into their cage not expecting anything different, but quickly stopped to sniff this strange new invasion.

I think Smudge's first thought was "can I eat this?" so I distracted her with some hay :roll: She didn't seem too interested in eating it anyway after that, thankfully. Silly bun used to eat the bio cat-o-let!

I just went to take some pictures of this exciting event (lol!!) and they are LOVING it! They're digging it, pushing it around, and Chewie even did a BINKY in his cage! He's never done a binky in his cage before, he usually saves them for the living room. It was so adorable :love:

I don't think the pics are going to turn out very well because I was being lazy with the camera and it's a bit dark, and they were moving too much, but if there's any forum-worthy ones I will post them hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad the buns like it. You will be doing binkies when it's cleaning time! I would hate to have to use something else now.

Yeah I don't think we will be switching now!

I forgot to say we switched as I'd recently read negative things about shavings and didn't want to take any chances. Plus this works out cheaper and we can get it locally rather than online :thumb:

Have you considered putting non slip lino down and only putting the megasorb covered in hay in the litter tray and putting hay in a very large hay rack above the litter tray.

I dont know if your rabbits pee and poo over the extent of the hutch or not, I have found from my own rabbits that they are a lot cleaner if you keep everything in one place. It makes cleaning out so much easier as you can do a daily sweep with a brush to pick up stray debris and then change the litter tray when ever you need to.

Goodbye shavings, hello Megazorb!! I've just done a full cage clean and re-bedded with Megazorb :D

The buns bounded into their cage not expecting anything different, but quickly stopped to sniff this strange new invasion.

I think Smudge's first thought was "can I eat this?" so I distracted her with some hay :roll: She didn't seem too interested in eating it anyway after that, thankfully. Silly bun used to eat the bio cat-o-let!

I just went to take some pictures of this exciting event (lol!!) and they are LOVING it! They're digging it, pushing it around, and Chewie even did a BINKY in his cage! He's never done a binky in his cage before, he usually saves them for the living room. It was so adorable :love:

I don't think the pics are going to turn out very well because I was being lazy with the camera and it's a bit dark, and they were moving too much, but if there's any forum-worthy ones I will post them hehe.

I've considered using this but wondered how do you set the hutch up, do you put anything underneath it? Do you use a thin or thick layer of it?

I currently cover the hutch in newspaper and then cover the newspaper in hay which i'm thinking is not the cheapest way of doing it.

We currently have a set up of two cages tied together to make a large square cage, so the base is plastic and then just a layer of megazorb on one half where they pee/poo. We have the hay in a rack attached to the side but pondering alternatives for this!!

So far the cage "looks" cleaner but I'll see how it is tonight when I clean it.

Still can't get over how excitable they got when they first went in the cage!! :-D

We currently have a set up of two cages tied together to make a large square cage, so the base is plastic and then just a layer of megazorb on one half where they pee/poo. We have the hay in a rack attached to the side but pondering alternatives for this!!

So far the cage "looks" cleaner but I'll see how it is tonight when I clean it.

Still can't get over how excitable they got when they first went in the cage!! :-D

You can just take out the wet patches which are easy to identify if you don't want to clear out the whole lot.

Where can u get it? My bun eats everything is it safe?

There's quite a few places online that sell it, but this means paying a delivery charge. I phoned a few local farm/horse supply shops and asked f they stocked it so you could always try that :)

If they eat it then it is safe but I am assuming only safe in small quantities - can someone confirm this?

I just make sure that there is a thick layer of hay ontop of it and mine dont seem to bother with it..the first time i put it in they scattered it everywhere but nothing since then :thumb:

I had considered moving to megazorb but worried about bunnies eating it? Also at the moment we put all our shavings into green waste, would i still be able to do this with megazorb?
Thanks

Back