• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Katy & Her Kits

Kellylou89

Warren Scout
Im not sure where i should post this but i thought because there is photo's it might belong in the photo's section? lol.
I adopted katy last month and she was already in Kit when i adopted her, she was bred with another Pedigree Rex and had her babies on friday 13th April :) .. i have been with her doing handling everyday since i adopted her for her to get used to me and my scent so she would trust me when her birth came along so if anything went wrong or simply checking on them i could do and she would be ok with it.
Sure enough she is been very very good about me checking in on them, she will let me check them one by one and just observe from her bedding area while munching on her veg and hay i give her to distract her :) .. shes more bothere about me going near her veg than her babies haha.
She had them out of her nest box but has made a very good nest for them and whenever i check them they are all lovely and warm and round bellied :) .. for a first time mom she is doing brilliant!! very proud of her! :).
She did have 7 Kits however when i checked on them the first time i found him/her buried deep under the rest of the litter and also tunneld into the straw so i think he/she died from either not getting fed or suffocation as they were all on top of him/her .. i removed him/her while she was having a run around before she saw.
All 6 babies and mom are doing great! they are getting all there Fur now and Markings .. i check on them when i go un-cover and feed the bun's and pigs in the morning and then again when i go cover the buns and pigs at night :)

Here are a couple of piks of the gorgeous 6 :)

(these were took this morning)
082be050.jpg

8e5820e0.jpg

12e3ab6c.jpg

25ca5d00.jpg

265d6add.jpg

f28f94dd.jpg

(Taken y.day)
5daysold10.jpg

(these were took the day after birth)
99a5c438.jpg

49ee1c97.jpg

6d605951.jpg

2edc0dcd.jpg

b0b13a15.jpg

3a9fd2fd.jpg

Birth Day
IMG_5384.jpg

Awww! They're cute once they start to get fur! :love: Before that... They look like creepy aliens! :oops:

Pics of mummy bunny please! :wave:

ETA: You probably already know this, but don't use the flash when taking pics of babies - I believe it can damage their eyes. I don't think you have on those pics, but it's worth mentioning in case some people don't know :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks all! :) .. ohh i didnt know that about flash thanks for that! :) nope flash was never used ;)
Im keeping most and my friend is buying one but he/she will be living in my shed so be with us still lol and my brother and his GF are taking on one (im going to persuade take a pair so they have company) so i will see them too, i dont want them going to anybody i dont know really so i can assure they have the best care and wont be sold on when the novelty wears of :).

Here's Momma :)

IMG_4640.jpg

(this is the day i collected her)
Katy20.jpg

Katy8.jpg

Katy6.jpg

And a picture the woman i adopted her of sent me
Katy2.jpg

Last edited:
Awwwwww very cute kits and Katy is beautiful :love: Will you be getting her spayed once she has recovered from raising her litter ?

Back