• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

gaining a bunnies confidence

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
although eddie and bella have been with me for 8 months now they both still show signs of being nervous around me, especially in the evenings ( they are better in the morning and i put this down to the fact that they are both still half asleep!!)

how do i gain their trust?

You could try hand feeding them sometimes. When I first got Izzy she was also quite nervous around me, so every time I went past their hutch, I hand fed her a pellet or two, and she soon realized that if she comes to me she gets food. I also used to bring her inside and let her free range in a room whilst I sat in the same room doing homework or something, and I didn't follow her or anything, I just let her come to me :)

You could try hand feeding them sometimes. When I first got Izzy she was also quite nervous around me, so every time I went past their hutch, I hand fed her a pellet or two, and she soon realized that if she comes to me she gets food. I also used to bring her inside and let her free range in a room whilst I sat in the same room doing homework or something, and I didn't follow her or anything, I just let her come to me :)

my two are free range in the living room so are "used" to me being in the same room but still seem nervous at times. i do hand feed them "treats" every other day or so. sometimes i think that one buns paranoia feeds the other, i.e. if bella runs away then eddie will follow and vice-versa.

just want them to relax a bit more, they are netherland dwarf buns and was wondering if it's more in their nature ( i have previously had loppy buns)

Back