• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring fever

Oonagh

Warren Scout
I think myrabbit is suffering from spring fever i think :/ I am not sure what to do. She is bonded with her Husbun (spayed and neutered) But there has been a lot of chasing and nipping, they are not a newly bonded pair and i am not sure what to do :( For now i have separated their hutch. They can see each other but can't come into contact. Was this the right thing to do? I didn't want either bun getting hurt :(

My male bunny has been chasing his wifey for 2 weeks now on and off I put some extra little step stools inside their runs and some extra tunnels in their also she just runs and gets under a stool or runs thru a tunnel he is usually worse early morning and about now so I go let em into the garden for a couple of hours he soon gets fed up of trying he's quietening down a little bit now he was shocking 2 weeks ago was every 5 mins 😊

Chasing and the odd nip is fine, I wouldn't separate them for that. If it turns into proper two way fighting then you need to think about separating and rebonding.

I have been out this morning and they are still fine. I took out the divide late last night and supervised them. They are alright again :) i think the shock of bring separated stopped them :) I will still keep a close eye on them, Thanks :)

Joker been humping Molly a bit and a bit of chasing
but still very loved up and plenty of grooming.
Spring is in the air for young bunnies.

Well I have 2 girls - sisters in fact - and I think they have spring fever too! Thumper had a lovely stretch while free ranging, then went back to eating the grass. Coco - for no reason - then ran over to her, tried to bite her on the bum and then chased her around the garden at top speed for a couple of circuits. Then both went back to eating grass like the chase hadn't happened!

Back