• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice please ladies and gents(had to include these just incase)

hawkylops

Warren Scout
Right i lost olly a month ago, pippa is okay on her own but not happy at all(shes eating and drinkin fine) my friend has just advertised some dwarf lop babies(i know u lot dont like breeders) i was commenting on how much 1 looks like pippas litter before spaying(accidental) i was goin to keep the little man as no1 wanted him, but at last min i had a lady come and fall in love with him, now though a friend has his carbon copy in her litter, after doing lots of mind work and goin bk 2 yrs we have descovered my girl and her boy and brother and sister. now the question is would pippa bond to a baby better than an adult(they wont officially be bonded till hes neutered, but would like her to get used to him before that, supervised)
im a little worried as when i had pippa spayed(if anyone remembers) she had extra bits and they couldnt perform the full thing which means she is still hormonal and grumpy. makes me so sad though as she rarely seems happy. i would love to see her bonded. think i would send her somewhere for bonding though as im always on edge lol i will be goin away later on this year for a week which would be a prime time to do it as he should be old enough to neuter then(what age is best to neuter?.
thankyou everyone :)
oooo and please tell me ur thought on it all xx

I suppose it depends how old she is. When I lost Milly Jack was very sad for a long time but he was fine after a few months. He is eight now so we are leaving him on his own. However if he had been younger then yes, I would try and find another bunny with him to bond to. If Pippa was happier with Olly and has become more hormonal and sad without him I would try and bond her with the new bunny.

shes only 2. shes always been hormonal but when she was bonded even though she had her moments she was happy with him. i think im gonna take her to my friends and try her with a few babies there(its a big litter of 9) gunna take her along a try it and see how we go i think. would love to see her happy and bonded but im just worried she wont accept one as shes hard to bond x

Be careful as she might attack the babies. They will do that unfortunately. An older rabbit may be the better option.

Back