• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Rescues....Search is over :D

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Following my last thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?338240-An-increase-in-naughtieness

I'm just looking around to see if anyone has a gentleman who would be suitable to join our family. I know it seems odd and a lot of you will know this about us anyway...but here goes:

what we're looking for:

He will have to be a largeish bunny, preferably already used to living in a house but if not then thats not too much of a problem.
He'll need to be a very relaxed bunny, and used to children...Rosie is very loving towards bunnies and like to be able to fuss and cuddle them. She is a little too young to understand leaving a bunny alone at first to let him settle...but knows to be gentle and has been around bunnies who aren't used to children. She also understands when she is told to leave something alone.
I know that this sounds very shallow of me, but he would have to NOT be a blue/grey butterfly lop. It would make him too much like Blue and not only would it make it very hard for me but it would confuse Rosie too much as well I think.
To fit in with Marnies age he will need to be between 3-5 years old.

Our set up:
He will be a free range housebunny, except when we go out and at night...when they will be shut in the (pretty big) kitchen.
We're working on getting the garden properly bunsafe so they can go outside properly, but at the moment it is supervised time in a puppy pen....they'll never be left alone because Marnie is an escape artist.
In the future this may change, we're looking at redoing the floor in the living room from hideous pub carpet to wooden floor. They'll then be moving into the dining room but we havent decided on a set up for them yet...it will probably be a littertray and hidey hole if you know what I mean.
Obviously I have absolutely no qualms about being homechecked....I have rehomed from Kris at Starlights and also Liz at Rainbow Rabbits. There are a few members who have been over too...so plenty of people who can check me :wave:
Bonding would be done at Karens (Rhianna) as I don't have the time and space to do it here. that and I wouldnt have a clue what I'm doing.

Distance:
I would be willing to drive about 2 hours from home which is near Portsmouth. Any further than that and it would have to be a bunny run...which I would be more than happy to contribute towards petrol for.

If anyone has a bunny who might fit our needs could you post their (and your) details please could you let me know?

Thank you...I know that there is a lot of information here ubt I figured being being thourgh and detailed would make it easier to find our perfect husbun for our little lady.

ETA: I forgot about the age requirements :oops:

Last edited:
Any bun going to Sam's would be very lucky. She has a great set-up and they really do have the freedom of the entire house for much of the time.

Blue and Marnie were very used to Rosie but she has visited me and stroked both George and Gemma (neither of who are used to children) and understood that their crate was their 'safe' space and she wasn't to follow them in there. George kept coming out for more strokes so he clearly wasn't at all worried about this strange small person who was kissing him.

I have bonded numerous pairs, a six and earlier this year a quad, so I have offered to bond for Sam. I bond in my bedroom so I can get some rest but still keep an eye on them.

I would love to see Marnie with a husbun again.

You might want to contact Alice at Windwhistle Warren, as she has over 100 buns she's likely to have somebun suitable. She is based in Gloucestershire, I adopted my Annabella from her, would reccommend her 100%. www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk

Oh, I didn't know that

There is another stunner on RR, but I suspect he may not do well indoors

There's a gorgeous Belgium Hare too :love:

Sorry, I am being as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot here :oops:

Not at all Jane :D Thank you for your inputs :love:
It's very difficult for me to do and with a lot of rescues not advertising all thier buns online it can be tricky to find someone to meet all our requirements :oops:

I've seen Hop Skip and Jump...but they're only babies and really we want someone a little older...about 3-5 so theyre the same age ish as Marnie

They are totally gorgeous though......I love their ears!
I know I'm coming across as very fussy...but I would hate to have a bunny who wasn't happy with the life we could give him.

Hi there. Ive just taken on a white lionhead, 4 years old, who is amazingly friendly. Lets you pick him up wherever he is. He wasn't living indoors at his last home but don't know about his first home. He's booked in foe neutering on Friday. He is quite lively and doesn't seem to have any health problems. He isn't pure white sort of greyish white. Can't do pics as yet. My Mobile no is 07754123146. I am on the IOW.

Hi there. Ive just taken on a white lionhead, 4 years old, who is amazingly friendly. Lets you pick him up wherever he is. He wasn't living indoors at his last home but don't know about his first home. He's booked in foe neutering on Friday. He is quite lively and doesn't seem to have any health problems. He isn't pure white sort of greyish white. Can't do pics as yet. My Mobile no is 07754123146. I am on the IOW.

How big is he? I'm looking for someone fairly large....I worry about having a little bun :oops:

How about our Gok . . . he's not very big but is gorgeous, gentle and looking for his forever home (he's back in rescue for the second time in his life :(.

http://www.animalrescueandcare.org/animals.asp?i=2726

Gill

:love:

Bluesmum you could always pop into Stubbington Ark, the Blue Cross in West End or maybe even Ashley Heath but Ringwood is a fair way - they rehomed to us here in Soton however. There is also Sue's Southampton Rabbit Rescue x

I've tried the ARK, and they dont have any single boys....and Sue hasnt called me back yet :D
I've also enquired about an (apparently) EL on RR called Thumper.
I'd rather rehome from a rescue for the back up...but if he is the right bun then well see.

Back