• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Eating after being spayed

jody

Alpha Buck
Hi I had my bun spayed today and I wondered if anyone had any tips on encouraging eating again ? Thanks

I just kept tempting my 2 with their fave herbs like Basil an coriander an for the first few days home tied small hay racks inside the cage but they always ate the basil an coriander and dandelions 😊😊😊😊

mashed banana , parsley ...dont give anything that your bun isnt used to it..tapping them on the cheek with the parsley normally annoys them enough to it;):lol:

Doughnut didn't eat for 24 hours and the pellets she loves and begs for were the last thing she got back to eating.

Fresh herbs seem to do the trick, I gave her carrot tops as she loves them.

good luck, it's a worrying time but well worth it.

You may find that you don't have to encourage her to eat again - both my girls were done together last November and ate of their own accord as soon as they woke up at the vet. They didn't eat as much for the first 24 hours, but by the next day they were fine and back to normal.

Hi I had my bun spayed today and I wondered if anyone had any tips on encouraging eating again ? Thanks

I had my new girlie spayed today as well, apparently they gave her a few Dandelion leaves at the vets before I bought her home, which she ate. She's not interested in her normal food at all but has munched several good handfuls of fresh grass. Hope this is ok to give her............:)

I'm hoping to re-introduce her to her boyfriend tomorrowas he's a very very laid back gentleman and hopefully this will hep her to feel better...........:)

Hope your Bun is feeling better soon too.....:)

Back