• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This isn't right :-(

Ozbun

Warren Scout
This morning I got up & there was nobody playing with my pyjama bottoms... Nobody trying to get in the kitchen cupboards, nobody scrambling to the fridge as I opened it. There's an empty under bed storage box in the kitchen. A full treat ball in the living room that I can't bear to move. There is no curious little face breathing basil-breath at me, nobody trying to steal carrots from the vegetable rack, tea bags out of the bin or putting empty mini monster munch bags on their head & running off. I miss my little friend :cry:

Of course youre going to miss him.

Really feel for you.
Just go with your grief for a while.
Its very early days yet.xxxx

It's horrible. He's been my almost constant companion through the winter. Just wish I'd had longer with him. I still don't really know what got him in the end but it was the biggest shock. I'm in my late 40s & have lost people & animals many times so I've dealt with these feelings before. It has surprised me how attached to each other we were, Ozzie & I had a really strong bond. He really loved wafty pyjama pants!! :roll:

i know how you feel ,, its nearly 6 months since our cat died ..he was 8yo.he was my shadow....:cry: i miss him everyday.. my heart goes out to you:love:

Thanks everyone. I'll do a Rainbow Bridge post for him eventually, I'm just a bit rubbish with photos. Wish next door would get rid of the hutch that i took him from. I can see it out of the kitchen window & it upsets me to think they kept him in there. At least his last few months were fantastic. I still hate the vet. Unfeeling, ill-informed, corporate :censored:s

Hugs to you. Ozzie was very lucky to have spent his time with you and you did everything you possibly could for him. You have some nice memories of him pulling at your PJs and hopefully these memories will be the ones that keep popping in your mind and not what happened at the end.

I too feel let down by a group of vets when we lost our first rabbit so I know how you feel.

Have you considered writing a letter of complaint about the vet who was unhelpful to you? It may help you to let them know how you felt and the treatment you got so that others don't have to go through the same in the future.

Dylan the dog misses him too ( He is Ozzie's "Brother from another Mother" :lol:). He's 12 and has always been terrified of thunder. While Ozzie was here, for the first time ever the thunder didnt bother him! I don't know whether it was because Ozzie didn't react to it himself. But it thundered after Ozzie died & Dylan was shaking again. :(

*Hugs* I know the feeling :cry: Haven't lost a bunny yet but my Syrian hamster Fluff passed away recently after only being with me for about 4 months. Been about 3 weeks now and my room feels so strangely empty without him :(

:cry: (((hugs)))

I feel for you, I really do. I went through hell and back after loosing my old bun Bilbo 7 years ago. I couldn't believe how deeply loosing him cut into my soul. It felt like I had had my heart squeezed so tight it had burst!. I was a totally different person afterwards.
The pain stayed raw for a while but in time became less intense. It's not something I will ever get over but it's something I've had to learn to live with.

It's still very early days for you. You need to be kind to your self, let your self grieve give your self time. If you need to cry then cry, if you need to talk we are here for you. Xxx

Big hugs! Know how you feel - even though i lost my bunnies in january i still get upset when i see their pics specially ones of my lil man playing in the snow with santa hat on :( Never had bunnies before these, didnt think i would ever get as attached as i did!

Back