• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help please what breed do you think kiara is?

kiara12

New Kit
Hi, I have bought a baby rabbit 2 weeks ago thinking she was a lop x lionhead took her to the vets and the nurse said that she is just a lionhead, i disagreed with her but as you have probably more experience then me please could you advise.

IMG_20120416_182813.jpg

IMG_20120416_182258.jpg

IMG00385-20120408-1451.jpg

Last edited:
She's a lionhead x some sort of lop. Proper lionheads are uppy earred.
Of course she could have all sorts in her, petshop bunnies can be mixes of anything and everything and grow to any size.

I have a lionlop too :wave:

Thanks for your replys so the vets nurse obviously didnt know what she is. Just added a better photo above.

A small mane but shes a baby.
Lop ears.

Lionlop.xxx

Chalie didn't even have loppy ears when he was a baba. I thought he was a full lionhead until he was about 7 months old when he went helecoptor. He didn't lop until he was about 2 years old :roll:

Chalie didn't even have loppy ears when he was a baba. I thought he was a full lionhead until he was about 7 months old when he went helecoptor. He didn't lop until he was about 2 years old :roll:

Mrs had no mane till she was a year old......

Funny little beings.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can a lop ear go upright????????

Mrs had no mane till she was a year old......

Funny little beings.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can a lop ear go upright????????

We have awkward bunnies :lol:

I don't think a baby lop could go uppy earred. Might be wrong :?
Charlie can still lift his, but the weight of them being meant to be loppy means they don't fully stand up, they go backwards. He looks silly :love:

She's gorgeous! Who is the other bun with her? If it's a boy bun I hope they are both neutered! :love::love::love::love:
The other bunny is a dwarf lop called snowy he has just 3yrs old very tame and licky loves everyone hes a house rabbit, and he has been neutered . He is very fussy eater and has a large garden to run around in, hes just like a dog. Kiara lionlop is only 9weeks she is litter training at the moment and doing very well, i am hoping not to spay her because i have lost female rabbits through the operation and the adorable mini rex rabbit bambi only just pulled through but was left with constant gi statis problems, blockages and finally a tumor. Very upsetting times. Has anyone got any information on that once a year vaccine. Thanks

Aww I'm sorry to hear that about your previous bunnies. :cry: But I think you must have been very unlucky. Spaying rabbits is really recommended because it usually prolongs the life of female bunnies who are otherwise prone to getting ovarian cancer. It may also help with creating a harmonious relationship betweeen her and your boy. :thumb: I would try and get as much info on the best rabbit vet near you though, just to put your mind at ease and give her the best chance of getting through the op if you do decide to go for it.:thumb:

Aww I'm sorry to hear that about your previous bunnies. :cry: But I think you must have been very unlucky. Spaying rabbits is really recommended because it usually prolongs the life of female bunnies who are otherwise prone to getting ovarian cancer. It may also help with creating a harmonious relationship betweeen her and your boy. :thumb: I would try and get as much info on the best rabbit vet near you though, just to put your mind at ease and give her the best chance of getting through the op if you do decide to go for it.:thumb:

When I took her for a checkup today I told the nurse about my concerns for the operation and she basically said because its such a big op theres a 50percent chance either way those odds are quite high, she never even told me about the ovarian cancer risk but i already new that. I have to leave it up to kiara if she becomes bitey then i may have to consider it but i have spoken to a few people whos rabbits have lived many years without problems, but i guess you need to find a good vet.

When I took her for a checkup today I told the nurse about my concerns for the operation and she basically said because its such a big op theres a 50percent chance either way those odds are quite high, she never even told me about the ovarian cancer risk but i already new that. I have to leave it up to kiara if she becomes bitey then i may have to consider it but i have spoken to a few people whos rabbits have lived many years without problems, but i guess you need to find a good vet.

50% chance?! Of the rabbit not making it through the spay? :? Find a new vet!

Absolutely.50% chance.Are they talking about their own personal odds as if this is the case, a new vet indeed!!

How about putting up a thread and asking for a bunny savvy vet in (your area).

Theres bound to be an RU member who knows of one.....

That was my new vet might consider going back to my old vet only went to the new vet because it was closer to home and my friend with cats said they were good. But the way the nurse was talking it is a major op and very risky.

I'm sure many rescues on here have had many female rabbits spayed in their time and can give you a better idea of the risks. Also, rabbits are classed as exotic pets so a vet may be very good with cats and dogs but not so savvy with rabbits.

That sounds like shocking odds - mine states that every op has possible issues however as they are very experienced they never have issues with the actual op, what happens after if there are issues it's normally down to poor care!

Back