• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would it be ok to pay for the vet in 2 parts

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Well I phoned up to book Pebbles neuter and ask how much it was. It was £52 and I had a money off voucher because I adopted. Which means I would have to pay £32 right? I have that much but I am just worried whether they might pounce a consultation fee at me that isn't included in the £52 and I wouldn't quite have enough to pay for it (happened before and now I worry whether I have enough with me lol) But I would get paid the next day so would be able to go in and pay of any extra if needed. But would they be ok with me doing this??

Some vets are ok with it, some aren't.
The vet we use near us will allow us to pay after the date for some things, but not for others. But, I don't think they allow new customers to pay after the date, we've been registered with them for over 20 years!

I'd ring them and ask. My vets don't allow it unless it is pre-arranged.

I would phone and check if there it's a consultation fee too. Our neuter price includes the pre and post op checks so there wouldn't be any extra cost.

You are so lucky all you guys whose vets allow installments I've asked before and they say no :( it's a huge amount of money to me i'm paying out all in one go for my cats at the minute and i can't tell you what a difference it would make paying it in installments each money but no :(

Ruthie xxx

Aw that's pretty sucky. It is so much easier to pay for bills (especially any big ones) in instalments.
I will ring up and see if that price includes the consultation and pre op etc :)

Always make sure you have more money then needed in case there are complications or you have to visit the emergency vet for some reason after. Check whether metacam to take home is included as well, it often isnt.

Why dont you book Pebbles in for the day you get payed, and remove the worry?

Our vets will allow credit accounts for dogs, cats, horses, farm animals etc but not small animals. I spend more than most cat/dog owners in there, I can tell you that!

Back