• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Xeno 450 & Bunny Seperation

Janey

Warren Veteran
Hello, was wondering if anyone can advise.

Poppy has a skin problem (not sure what), but I have been given Xeno 450 to treat both bunnies. Vet said to separate for 24-48 hrs which I thought was a bit vague but figured I would read the leaflet in the box when I got home. Anyway....got home & the vet has taken the instructions out the box.

Does anyone know how long the bunnies must be seperated for? I have Poppy in the dog crates & Peter just in the room so they can see each other clearly, however I have two very unhappy bunnies, one of whom is much less enthusiastic about food as a result.

I know once I let them together again Peter will groom Poppy so it must be 'safe' as such.

Im sure once its dry.....but why dont you ring the vet?? Bit norty to take out the information imo.

Yes, I may have to ring them. I just know bunny vet is away & I dont trust the others as much-silly I know.

Yes I agree, I inagine she gave the ibstruction to whoever had the other teo pippettes from the box of 6 (I got the remaining 4 & the box).

It is, as said.... until it is completley dryI was given it for two of mine but refused to use it as the separation would have caused stress and I would have been terrified it wasnt completley dry.
I went back to the vet and they both had an injection instead... so much better.. no separation and no worrying :D

Ok, I will check them when I get home from work, it will have been 24hrs by then. Im thinking if I try & comb the fur around the area I put it to remove from fur as much as possible.

I wasnt offered an injection unfortunately. Poppy is grooming herself bald & red raw so had to do something for her bless her, just wish they could understand. I even considered putting a plaster over the spot but I would never get it off again.

Back