• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - same sex or opposite?

okikokikate

Mama Doe
Is same sex or opposite sex bonding best for a rabbit?
Asking as Im starting to think again about getting my neutured girl a husbun, and wondering whether she should be paired with a girl or boy bun?
Thanks in advance :)

Opposite sexes are usually recommended but it really depends on the rabbit, I had two males very happily bonded for a few months, and even when I added a female into the group they were all fine, infact the two males were much better together than my current male and female pair (seperated at the moment due to exessive 'spring fever' humping)

Thanks everyone.
Looks like Im on the lookout for a husbun. eeeek :D
My bf has turned from totally being against having a rabbit, to wanting to choose our next one :thumb:

Thanks everyone.
Looks like Im on the lookout for a husbun. eeeek :D
My bf has turned from totally being against having a rabbit, to wanting to choose our next one :thumb:

Eeep, so exciting! If she is neutered and her jabs are up to date, so rescues will let you take her along so she can meet some bunnies and get an initial idea as to how they would get along.

Back